Forum: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Inexpensive Wigs
By ReelRAIDGal
On Sat Feb 13, 2010 08:53 PM

At the moment, I'm 'window shopping' for a wig. I might be doing State Teams this year, and I found out I need a wig. Although, I may not get to do it; I would really like to find one, for when I get into Primary.

So, getting to the point, does anyone know where I can find an inexpensive, but good quality wig in Australia? It will need to be Auburn, or just darker than ginger. I'm also not sure, how they find out the size of the wig, or whatever.

I'm looking for one that's got a nice curl, and BIG! I want to make a statement, lol. I would also like to buy a new one, not second hand.

If you could post pictures, or links, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chiara xx

11 Replies to Inexpensive Wigs

re: Inexpensive Wigs
By tracy16member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 13, 2010 09:17 PM
eBay is a great place to check!
By ReelRAIDGal
On Sat Feb 13, 2010 09:22 PM
Cool, thanks. But I was just looking for some local sellers, so I don't have to pay postage. But thank you anyways!
By emmiei
On Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 PM
I'm in the USA, so I don't know any that are in Australia, but I LOVE Camelia Rose's wigs.
You'd have to pay shipping either way, most likely.
Ask your teacher about which wig to get. The Anna wig is longer and has more of a 'champion' look to it, but for primary (which I'm guessing is somewhere around the advanced beginner/novice level in the USA) I would get a Katie wig.

cameliarose.com . . .
By Cinnawiz
On Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:42 PM
Edited by Cinnawiz (148620) on 2010-02-17 12:44:19
^Wow, while those are quite nice, I would hardly call them inexpensive!

OP, I know this isn't local for you, but they are rather inexpensive, even with the shipping charge and a pleasure to deal with:

theirish-dancer.com

Best of luck in your search.
By happydancer2
On Wed Feb 17, 2010 02:45 PM
Sorry, I´m not from Australia, I´m not entirely sure, if State Teams is the name of a feis or if you are planning to do a team competition in a major championship?
In this case, you might want to ask your teacher what wig they want you to wear, some teachers require all their team dancers to wear the same wig.
By ReelRAIDGal
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 AM
I mean Teams (like Ceili I spose) for States. OMG, I didn't think of that! I'll ask tomorrow!
By Jitchiwahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 05:03 AM
Two words.....

can you guess????

"Ask Andrew!!!!"

Not sure what his plans are for wigs for teams this year but always best to check first. Also know there are already a few others in the school looking to get new ones this year so there might be potential for a bulk order from overseas to save on postage... doing a bit of research at the moment on that one so might be better to just hold off till we see if that's going to work.

Jess
By ReelRAIDGal
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 02:20 PM
Edited by ReelRAIDGal (219365) on 2010-02-18 15:00:02
Had an inkling you might say that.

I will, soon, I just don't want to get into any trouble, for looking for one.
By Jitchiwahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 04:37 PM
Errrr why would you?! It's only a wig! And like you say you're gonna need one sooner or later :)

It's actually handy knowing you're looking for one now - if you're at class tonight there might be some useful info for you ;)
By ReelRAIDGal
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 05:30 PM
Edited by ReelRAIDGal (219365) on 2010-02-18 17:38:21
I thought I would because I'm still in Beginner, and I went 'behind his back' to look for one.

I'm going to be at class tonight, so thanks for the info. I was talking to mum about it before school, and she said maybe if we gave you a description, could you have a look at one, at Worlds?

If that's too hard, t'is ok. You're going to be busy!!

See ya tonight, Chiara xx
By ReelRAIDGal
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 05:50 PM
What did you mean it's handy knowing that I'm looking for one? Now I'm curious, and I'm going to spend all day wondering what you meant! LOL

By the way, mum and I were looking at a pretty cool site, and we found Soft Shoe Slippers (SlipperJigs) and she said it would be a good idea to get you at pair, for Worlds, if that's ok with you. Just because it'll be cold, and you can wear your Softs inside of them! We will need to know your shoe size (not Soft Shoes....normal shoes!).

Also, about the Burberry bag, did you want it? It's brand new, and it's sort of a backpack; it's pretty cute! Email if you want it, before I go tonight, and I'll bring it with me, if you want. Email me on my home email, because the school one doesn't accept emails from 'non-school computers'.

Talk soon, Chiara xx

ReplySendWatch