Poll: Adults / 30 Something

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Is going out to eat a part of a birthday present?
By Garnet_Juliet Comments: 134, member since Mon Jan 28, 2013
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 08:12 PM
There really is no right answer, it's all a matter of opinion. I personally believe that the birthday girl or boy should get to have cake and ice cream (yes, both) on his or her birthday if that's what they want.

For me, going out to dinner is my birthday present and that's all I ask, but you MUST have cake on your birthday I mean come on, is nothing sacred?! :)
By KeepOnSinginPremium member Comments: 12372, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 08:56 PM
In my opinion, no. It's just part of a birthday!

I grew up in a family that always made a pretty big deal of birthdays. We would always go out to eat (or order in if there was something that we wanted ordered in), have cake with candles, AND get presents along with having a party with friends most years that included another cake and games/activities (I stopped having parties in middle school, but that was 100% my choice).

So to me, if someone said "Oh, this is your present" when referring to going out to eat, I would feel shortchanged. (Unless it was just a friend, especially since we're all poor college students). But if my S/O said that, or if my parents said that, I would be upset.
By cthompson1474member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 306, member since Sat May 19, 2012
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:41 PM
Happy Birthday! :)

I got yoga pants once for my birthday from a guy I was dating. I loved it. We hadn't been dating long and he put them in a gift box so I could open it, and we went to dinner.

I think what would bother me about your situation is the fact that you went to the store with him and he seemed to be tolerating the day rather then trying to make it special for you. ( I think birthdays are a big deal also).

If he doesn't like to celebrate his birthday that's perfectly fine, but he should realize that you like to celebrate birthdays in a big way and being your fiance he should make it happen!

It's not really about the money but more about your significant other trying to make the day special for you.

Sorry you had a bad birthday! :(
re: Is going out to eat a part of a birthday present? (karma: 2)
By TuniePremium member Comments: 1995, member since Mon Aug 08, 2005
On Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:48 PM
This thread is three years old....
By ejr Comments: 42, member since Thu Dec 15, 2011
On Sun Aug 18, 2013 01:31 PM
Dinner is a necessity! Its a meal! Not a gift!! A gift is something someone has taken time to choose and purchase. Dinner you choose yourself and then someone else cooks it!! x
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6819, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:13 PM
Tunie wrote:

This thread is three years old....

This threas is now three and a half years old.
I guess some things are "timeless".

Keep On Dancing*
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed