Forum: General / Tap / Tap Photos - Members

Tap Photos - Members
Grrr...it was all for nothing, but look at what I did.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Feb 18, 2010 02:34 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2010-02-18 14:34:43

So, I brought some old teletones to school to replace the taps on my new shoes. Obviously I knew they'd be too small because they were on a pair of character shoes. I looked and saw that these were size 3 taps, so I ordered size 5 and lo and behold whatever a 3 was a few years ago is now called 5. Yup, they are the same size.

I still have the old taps on my new shoes and they sound a million times better...as long as I don't do wings, 'cause they don't fit. So these are pictures of the bloch taps versus capezio.

Should I exchange them for a different size or should I just keep them...the old ones are bound to crack sooner or later.

11 Replies to Grrr...it was all for nothing, but look at what I did.

re: Grrr...it was all for nothing, but look at what I did.
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:05 PM
I'd just get new ones, it'd save you the trouble of worrying about are they going to break. Where did you order them from?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 PM
Eric619 wrote:

I'd just get new ones, it'd save you the trouble of worrying about are they going to break. Where did you order them from?

Discount Dance.

I think I will order new ones, but I'll keep the ones I just got, for when I need to replace the ones on my current pair of Character shoes.

HA! I just looked on DDS and Capezios site 5 is the largest size...they go from 1-5. I would have to guess the 5 is the largest. But I know some one who wears Respects with teletones and they fit her shoes, our feet are the same size!
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Fri Feb 19, 2010 09:36 PM
What do you think are the best kind of tap shoes you going to get with strong taps and also are taps with a great sound you'd admire?
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Feb 21, 2010 04:45 AM
Are you able to go into a store that stocks these? At least then you can see for yourself what is going to fit and test out the sound quality at the same time.

Helen
On Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 PM
oz_helen wrote:

Are you able to go into a store that stocks these? At least then you can see for yourself what is going to fit and test out the sound quality at the same time.

Helen

I can try to go to a store that does. There's only one dance store in the city/ town that I go to school and it's pretty bad. Next time I go home I can try to go to the store. My parents have know idea I bought new shoes and like to know where I'm going. I guess what I'm saying is that they still control me when I'm at home and I'm not sure if they'd be mad at me for buying something with out their permission. It's a bit ridiculous since I'm almost 20 and am only at their house two days out of seven.

But, yes, I think I will go to the store next week. :)
On Mon Feb 22, 2010 04:14 PM
SUCCESS!

I called the shop at home and found out what size taps fit. 2 for the toe 2 1/2 for the heel. I'll order them from their site since they were so nice to find that out for me over the phone (and I'm preforming a tap piece on Wednesday).
On Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 PM
Glad you made the right purchase! How was the price on buying them?

Good luck on your performance!!!
On Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 AM
$10.50 plus tax and shipping. DDS is only about $2 cheaper, but I felt like being nice and $2 isn't that big a deal.
By emmydance66 Comments: 17, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Tue Mar 16, 2010 05:32 PM
I definetly would order new ones if I were you. it's just going to be easier lol.
By irishdancingdog Comments: 974, member since Sun Oct 11, 2009
On Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:57 PM
Lol thats kinda funny.... but bad luck for you! I hate when they change sizes like that.
By govan_dancer Comments: 3, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 AM
that happened to me i hate when that happens GRRR its a waste of money :(

ReplySendWatch