Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

Will the stockpile continue???
By riverdancefan
On Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:29 PM

So after perusing the many photos so far this week from Ireland-I saw oodles of dresses that would more than suffice to make my daughter happy--I wonder when they will start to show up on the resale market. The elements of glamour, glitz and simple elegance seem to be the main themes. However, does ID fashion follow the normal cycle of the garment industry-where everything old is new again? If so, perhaps a second look should be taken at the 3 panels/multi-panels currently for sale.

Anyway-just love looking at the styles-can't wait to see what is new in April.

14 Replies to Will the stockpile continue???

re: Will the stockpile continue???
By Realtreble
On Fri Feb 26, 2010 01:51 PM
I think we'll see lighter weight versions of 3 panels within 24 months, although the BNDMs seem to be taking their cues straight from many runway fashions.
By RinceorNosretep
On Fri Feb 26, 2010 02:37 PM
Stupid question, what does BNDM abbreviate? I don't do well with initials of things lol.
By Teasharkmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 26, 2010 02:45 PM
Big Name Dress Maker ( I think..)

Cheers,

TS
By CelticCatPremium member
On Fri Feb 26, 2010 07:23 PM
What I've observed about "the old becoming the new again" is that there's usually an updated twist to it. Something to distinguish it as borrowing from the past, but not going back to the past.
By riverdancefan
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 04:50 PM
have you seen the new skirt style on Elevations' site-the modified 3 panel? I knew it would not take long.
By irishdancingdog
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 05:11 PM
CelticCat wrote:

What I've observed about "the old becoming the new again" is that there's usually an updated twist to it. Something to distinguish it as borrowing from the past, but not going back to the past.

I agree. I've also heard people say that more traditional stitchery may be used on a more modern style dress- I'm curious to see if it does end up being a trend, how it would look and what styles it would be on- probably the newer 3 panels and possibly the rah-rah? Asymetrical styles also seem to be "in", as well as new color combinations- last year was orange, this year maybe pink, purple, and red? Saw a lot more of black and white as well. I personally was surprised that neon didn't become a trend as it seemed to be really "in" this past year- maybe if it hits the runway! As previously stated, it seems to be common for this to happen
By SamCartermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 09:22 PM
I do hope that traditional stitchery comes back into fashion because that would mean that I am a trend setter! The solo I am making myself now will be hand embroidered much like my very first school dress (which was the last of my school's dresses to be hand embroidered).
By sasas1
On Wed Mar 17, 2010 09:36 AM
I would like to sell some from my stockpile!
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 17, 2010 09:41 AM
Super modern three panel, anybody? showthestory.zenfolio.com . . .
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 17, 2010 04:51 PM
angelfish10 wrote:

Super modern three panel, anybody? showthestory.zenfolio.com . . .

OHHH that's gorgeoussss!!! I absolutely love new 3 panels- I am in love with the ones elevation has done!! I'm already scheming for my next dress... :)
By dbqdancer
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 08:06 AM
angelfish10 is that dress for sale?
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 08:33 AM
Not that I know of. It's off the photo website from WRO.
By tighnamara
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:25 PM
Stunning modern three panel!!! Well done!
By reel1mom
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 02:07 PM
Just received DD new dress for the worlds. Now I have one that needs to be sold. Been lucky so far in selling her past dresses, but expect a big cut in this one since the exchange rate was not favorable for us in the US 18 months ago. The new dress is very different style from her last one.

ReplySendWatch