Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance Videos

Modern Dance Videos
Me Improving
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:10 PM

My friend and I were giving ourselves a class and then we were talking and improv came up and I had my camera. It's to Kelas a song from the Full Metal Alchemist movie.

Anyways, I love improv, this isn't my best but it's what I got on tape.

The floor bit at the end was because I knew the song was almost over and there's a jump-thing that I do a lot, that's because I didn't feel any other jumps from that music. The music told me to do that one...which I don't think has a name

Image hotlink - 'http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/majere_photos/th_PICT0890.jpg'

6 Replies to Me Improving

re: Me Improving
By ayyyshugamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1425, member since Wed Aug 02, 2006
On Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 PM
Wow, good job. I'm incredibly jealous of your improv abilities...When I try improv I end up just standing there looking incredibly awkward. I probably wouldn't have known that was improv had you not said anything. Love the music too!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 AM
ayyyshuga wrote:

Wow, good job. I'm incredibly jealous of your improv abilities...When I try improv I end up just standing there looking incredibly awkward. I probably wouldn't have known that was improv had you not said anything. Love the music too!

Awww. Thanks so much for that comment, it means a lot to me.

As I said I love improv, hmmm, maybe I should tape myself more often.
By dancelover269 Comments: 132, member since Wed Nov 04, 2009
On Fri Mar 05, 2010 08:42 AM
You repeated the same moves alot and it looked a little awkward but it was ok!! :)good job
On Fri Mar 05, 2010 08:56 AM
dancelover269 wrote:

You repeated the same moves alot and it looked a little awkward but it was ok!! :)good job

Yeah, that's usually how you can tell if someone is improv-ing. Thanks!
By Music_is_love13 Comments: 88, member since Sun Dec 07, 2008
On Fri Mar 26, 2010 03:56 PM
Wow, that was really good! There was a lot of expression and it was obvious that you were enjoying it; I wish I could improv like that. It was like those scenes in a movie where someone just busts out dancing on the spot and everyone's just like "holy waste-product!" LOL. And I'm right there with you, ayyyshuga, when I improv i can go for maybe 30 seconds, and then run out of things to do. :)
On Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2010-03-30 22:50:14
Music_is_love13 wrote:

Wow, that was really good! There was a lot of expression and it was obvious that you were enjoying it; I wish I could improv like that. It was like those scenes in a movie where someone just busts out dancing on the spot and everyone's just like "holy waste-product!" LOL. And I'm right there with you, ayyyshuga, when I improv i can go for maybe 30 seconds, and then run out of things to do. :)

Aw, thanks. I like the part of the video when you can hear my foot squeak on the floor.

I really do appreciate your complements :)

(I honestly think improv is my strongest "type" of dance...)

ReplySendWatch