On Thu Feb 25, 2010 06:00 PM
Edited by cadaques15 (219390) on 2010-02-25 18:00:39

What are your favorite ballet slippers.

Mine are Sansha Pro Split-Sole Canvas.

37 Replies to Ballet Slippers

re: Ballet Slippers
By pondflyPremium member
On Thu Feb 25, 2010 07:27 PM
You nailed it. No comparison to the pair of Bloch's that I use as a reserve.
By jocknballettight
On Fri Feb 26, 2010 06:49 AM
agree sansha work well though the tie strings sometimes get lost in slipper
By adsum
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 04:41 PM
Fuzi are my favs. At first they didn't last that long, but then I got the perfect size (a little bit bigger in a narrow) and now they seem to last forever!

Gonna try out some new Fuzi shoes that have leather front, mesh back, and one front leather pad.
By adsum
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 04:42 PM
Fuzi are my favs. At first they didn't last that long, but then I got the perfect size (a little bit bigger in a narrow) and now they seem to last forever!

Gonna try out some new Fuzi shoes that have leather front, mesh back, and one front leather pad.
By se81ballet
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:15 AM
Another vote here for the Sansha Pro canvas split-sole
By cadaques15
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 07:54 PM
Also I like my shoes really tight, what is your opinion on tightness?
By adsum
On Tue Mar 02, 2010 01:03 AM
I do like them snug. If they press too much on my toe though, I bust a whole in a week.
By cadaques15
On Tue Mar 02, 2010 06:15 PM
I had this one pair and I got a hole in BOTH of them and I couldn't replace them for like a month, horrible! Haha
By guyclone
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 06:08 PM
Agreed, for canvas shoes, Sansha takes the cake. Nothing compares to them.
For leather shoes, I wear Angelo Luzio. I have always worn them and they've always worked great for me. They fit well on my wide feet.
I also like my shoes fairly tight on my feet, they should feel like a second skin. If they are loose, they just slide around. But I also like my blood to circulate, so I need to find a nice balance, haha!
By stormshadow
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 AM
I'm putting in a vote for Blochs. I wear leather Prolites with a split sole. By the way, I was wondering if anyone's tried Freeds and if so, what was their opinion of them?
By guyclone
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 08:40 PM
I haven't tried those. Only Angelo Luzio, Sanshas, and Blochs.
I've also tried on some Capezios but they never quite fit my foot right. They seem designed for narrow feet.
One thing us guys seem to struggle with is having wider feet, so we need to try different shoes on and see what works best.
By guyclone
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 05:37 PM
... just bought a pair of Blochs. Interested to try them out!
By luv2plie
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 AM
I wearwhite leather Blochs ballet shoes ! They fit my feet very well.

Kev
By guyclone
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 08:48 AM
Kev, I'm curious what other brands you've worn. How did you find them compared to Blochs?
I just bought my first Blochs yesterday. I'm trying to let them mold to my foot, so I wore them home from the studio and around the house a lot. They feel really comfortable and snug. I'm please so far, but... I haven't worn them in the studio yet.
How long until they mold well. Do you wear your new ones around the house and stuff to get comfortable with them?
By guyclone
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 08:49 AM
Edited by guyclone (148285) on 2010-03-25 08:50:26
and do you always wear white?
By luv2plie
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 PM
For the ballet dress code we HAVE to wear white ballet shoes for the guys. NO black ballet shoes at all. The girls have to wear pink color ones.

It take about a week to break them in. I take 9 ballet classes a week. No, I do not my ballet shoes at home unless I am practing something.

Blochs seems to last longer then other brands but I use leather ones. Canvas seems to wear out quicker.

Keep on dancing

Kev
By fleshjazzpants
On Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 PM
I'm not really a fan of leather ballet shoes. They are more difficult to work with and the canvas are so much better to me. They are more comfy and they are sweat-be-gone accesible while the leather ones will just hold the sweat. that's attractive
By Nutcracker_Boy
On Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 AM
Sanshas don't fit my feet as well as Bloch Pro-Lite II canvas split soles do. Also like Bloch leather for shows.
By jly_dance
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 01:06 PM
i agree with the sansha pro shoes...(sorry i forgot the name)....the are thin so you can feel the ground and the bottoms are thick which helps when doing a lot of jumps
By pondflyPremium member
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 09:56 PM
I purchased a pair of Leo's Arabesque in canvas today to try as the Bloch were total crap. It's hard to pass them up since the warehouse is only 20 minutes from my house.
They are light and thin in nature which are nice (we'll see how they hold up though).
My only complaint tonight was that the leather soles were to sticky and I'll be fixing them tomorrow morning. I'll post later to see how they are holding up, but I think I'll be staying with the Sansha's.
By guyclone
On Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:58 PM
I actually love my new leather Bloch shoes, they are really nice. I like the feel of them, both inside and out. They look good and are holding up nicely!
By balletlad20
On Fri Jun 11, 2010 04:04 AM
I agree Bloch leather are the best, I'll also second that I like mine quite tight so I usually go down a size. My first pair were Roch Valley and they were terrible, any one else found this?
By balletlad20
On Fri Jun 11, 2010 04:05 AM
I agree Bloch leather are the best, I'll also second that I like mine quite tight so I usually go down a size. My first pair were Roch Valley and they were terrible, any one else found this?
By jly_dance
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 01:28 PM
Leather is good to use because of how long it last.Canvas shoes can get tears in the material and leather never do.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch