Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Ballet Slippers
By DanceJAMPremium member
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 AM
Canvas shoes do not seem to offer ANY padding whatsover for contcat with the floor. Leather is definitely best for both comfort and control of your foot.
By guyclone
On Mon Aug 02, 2010 02:02 AM
I agree, I think I'll alwaysprefer leather. I do have some canvas ballet shoes, but I just don't get the same feel from them.
I bought a pair of Bloch leather shoes, and they are amazing. I've never worn Block before, but I really like the feel on my feet. They feel great, and fit like a glove.
What do you all prefer brand-wise? Do you have a brand you like to use?
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 03, 2010 04:38 PM
When we got our new studio with our new grey marley floor, I took my black leather shoes into it. By the end of class, the floor was all marked up. That's when I switched to canvas.
By pondflyPremium member
On Sun Aug 08, 2010 09:49 PM
I prefer the Sancha over the Bloch and Leo's.

The Bloch fell apart after a month and required me gluing it together- They now get used at home.

The Leo's is very thin, but holding up well and you really feel the floor. The nice part is the warehouse is 20 min from my house.

The Sancha is hands down well built, comfortable and has held up to everything and doesn't show any wear.
By kaiba101
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 07:03 PM
Are ballet slippers really expensive?
By pondflyPremium member
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 07:55 PM
No, I paid $12 for my Leo's and maybe $35 for my Sancha's
By kaiba101
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 09:15 PM
Oh thanks! ;)
By se81ballet
On Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 PM
pondfly wrote:

No, I paid $12 for my Leo's and maybe $35 for my Sancha's

Really? $35 for Sansha's? I got mine for only around $20 (at a store, too).
By luv2plie
On Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 AM
Ballet shoes are pretty cheap - $20.00 to 35.00

Kev
By pondflyPremium member
On Thu Aug 12, 2010 02:59 PM
se81ballet wrote:

Really? $35 for Sansha's? I got mine for only around $20 (at a store, too).

Yes, it was from a shop in downtown Chicago and they were overpriced to begin with, but it was an emergency purchase as the Bloch's were shot and I had a performance the next day.
By tellaboy
On Thu Oct 14, 2010 07:40 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-05-12 11:02:14 You must use capitalization and punctuation.
I never thought there was so meny ballet slippers. I was sold a pair of romeo capezios.

But I am not sure I like them. The pads on the slippers feel thick.
What's the deal with orger brands like Angelo Luzio, Sanshas, and Blochs?
By guyclone
On Fri Oct 15, 2010 07:44 AM
Almost all of my ballet shoes have been Angelo Luzio. It's a pretty big brand in Canada, and all the stores I've been to have them. They seem to have much more stock than other brands, so they are very common.
My very first pair of slippers were Angelo Luzio. I have since owned many pairs of them, and about 6 years ago they started selling them with the elastic sewn on. Its a bit time saver, and one could buy the shoes and go directly to ballet.... however I always wear them around the house and stuff for a couple weeks first.
A few years ago I decided to try canvas shoes. I also go canvas Angelo Luzio shoes, and I didn't care too much for them. Maybe I was just used to leather shoes, but I didn't feel I got the support or workout that leather would give me. So I kept using leather.
Eventually, on the recommendation of a friend, I tried Sansha Pro canvas shoes. They were much better than the Angelo Luzio ones. They just seemed to fit my feet better. I still prefer leather overall but these are still great shoes.
Last year I needed some pink ballet shoes, and they ran out of Angelo Luzio in my size, so I tried some Bloch ones. They fit amazingly. They are also leather full soles, but the way they form to my feet is really good. I just love them. I wear them in class sometimes and they are excellent. I will probably purchase another pair of Blocks next time.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch