Poll: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

should I audition for companies for the experience
By sugerplumfairy Comments: 1164, member since Fri Nov 09, 2007
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 PM

So I'm 16 and I really doubt that I could get into a good company right now, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to do a few of the local companies' auditions just so I can have the practice and experience of doing those kinds of auditions for when Im ready.

Any thoughts?

4 Replies to should I audition for companies for the experience

re: should I audition for companies for the experience
By StarBucks_Lovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 504, member since Fri Jan 25, 2008
On Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 AM
I'm also sixteen and have been also thinking about this. But I'm going to wait for next year. I mean why rush it? I want to try to be in tip top shape for when the time comes. Even though I probably have another two years of training ahead of me.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Tue Mar 02, 2010 03:14 AM
I think it is good to have a few auditions. You will perform in the more important ones better if you are more at ease with auditioning. Practise makes anything easier!
By tempsleve Comments: 505, member since Wed Jun 09, 2010
On Sat Dec 04, 2010 08:59 PM
I say yes. Its better to go into an audition for the experience, instead of not going to one at all. To me, its best to get as much experience as possible.
By toji_667member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 322, member since Sun Sep 28, 2008
On Tue Dec 21, 2010 06:47 PM
I voted yes.
The year before I became a member of my local pre-professional company, I auditioned "for practice" and I was sure to tell them that I was there for the experience and the judges were so gracious about it. After the audition was over, they called me in to speak with me and told me the courses I needed to take to become a member as well as some individual critiques on certain steps. All of this helped me to grow as a dancer enough to where I was accepted the next term and I was far less nervous to audition when it came time for the real thing.
Good luck!

ReplySendWatch