Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3
re: What was your first car?
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 PM
Mine was a VW bug. The original kind. It didn't have a gas gauge. It had a small, spare tank. When I ran out of gas I kicked over a lever which switched to the spare tank, giving me enough extra fuel to get to a gas station.
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 01:15 AM
That's my first car - a 1995 Mazda Miata. With a broken gearshift and parking brake, both of which I fixed with green duct tape. The thing has more issues than a psych ward, but it was a good little first car. We still have it, because my dad wants to fix it up and drive it at some point. (Completely ridiculous, because he's six five and the thing is smaller than a Mini Cooper!)

Second two pictures are of my current car, a 1998 Nissan Altima named The Sex Chariot (after some epic show on the history channel). Yes, my boyfriend covered it in Post-it's for Valentine's Day. It was adorable :) This one has issues too - the volume knob on the stereo doesn't work, the air conditioner squeals when I turn it on, and the front bumper is duct taped on, but I love the thing and I'm going to miss it when it dies.

When I go to college, I'm really hoping for this charcoal grey, 2006 VW Jetta. I'm in looooooove. I can't wait to actually be able to pick out a car - my dad bought the Miata, and the Sex Chariot was left with us by a family friend who moved to Japan.
By Jodee_babesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 04:05 PM
Hey,

My Mum has 2 cars so I share one with her although when i get my lisence it will be mine ;)

Its a Orange X reg Daewoo Matiz :) Its a tin can basically but gets me from a to b :) And it DOESNT like hills of any kind lmao!

x
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 04:58 PM
I dont have a picture of mine, but it was a 1993 L reg Citroen AX salsa. It was like the one in the picture, except mine was blue with funky writing and patterns on the side. It also had the snazzy patterns all over the seats. I loved that car. I bought it before I'd passed my test and it cost me a whole £700 in 2003. It lasted me for about three years until I had my first (and only) accident and Bert (my cars name) got written off :( that was a sad day. I replaced him several months later with Mike the VW polo who went to the scrapheap in the sky last year to be replaced by the brand new shiny Lola the Toyota Aygo.

I love my new car but I know I'll always have a place in my heart for Bert, we had some good times together!

MOOM
By xMJx
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 05:00 PM
My car is my first car, it's a red '91 Toyota Corolla. Still runs fine, a little loud, but I love it. It's so reliable, like an old friend. If I ever need to replace it, I'll definitely get another Toyota, like another old model, not those newfangled ones that run into stuff.
By RawrRose
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 07:47 PM
My first real car, that I actually really drove, is a 2009 Hyundai Elantra. I really like it and have no qualms with it, but it's still brand new (6300 miles on it) so I'm sure I'll have issues in due time.
Technically, before this one I had a '94 Hyundai Elantra. It was my friend's first car, and right around my birthday her dad bought her a new-used car which was probably actually worse than my elantra. It was the same week as my 16th birthday, and they basically gave me the car :O I never drove it, as I didn't have my license yet, and it kind of rotted on the street for a year and a half until my dad donated it to Father Joe Carrol's village thinger for homeless people. The battery was dead and the doors had trouble opening - only one was guaranteed to open, and it only opened from the outside! The brakes were awful since my poor driver sister drove it, and the friend who had it before me was also a beginner driver. Kinda miss that car, but I love my beautiful new one. :)
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 03, 2010 08:35 PM
Jodee_babes wrote:

Its a Orange X reg Daewoo Matiz :) Its a tin can basically but gets me from a to b :) And it DOESNT like hills of any kind lmao!

x

No one in the USA even markets a car that small except for the REALLY small SmartCar by Mercedes (the Toyota Yaris is about the closest thing) since of course this is a very big country with significant mountains in areas, but I had something this size that I rented in Spain. I think it was a Hyundai Matrix diesel (which was actually rather big as many cars in Southern Spain go) and we loved it and had a great deal of fun in it. It took a while to get used to having the windshield (windscreen in the UK) so close to us and to have to look off to the side to see the speedometer, which only read metric. (US Cars generally have both a Miles AND a Metric reading on them since Canada has used Kilometers for years.) We have two sizable cars now, a Toyota Highland, my wife's car, which she uses for hauling around the grandsons, and I drive a Camry as I often haul fellow musicians to practice, but I think it would be great fun to have a little car, particularly when you have to park.

Jon
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 AM
A 1990 Pontiac 6000 LE! I loved it since it was very similar to the car I grew up in (see below). It had a radio, but that was it. I think it had power locks... no power windows. My great grandmother moved, and then she gave it to me right before I needed it to get to college. I was 18 :D Somebody hit me a few months later- jerk! - but I got it fixed although it was "totalled," so the black undercarriage in front was replaced by white later on...

My parent's favorite car was an '86 6000 STE- but you NEVER see STE's. They were very limited and much loved by their owners. Theirs was maroon.
By irish_adictmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 13, 2010 04:26 AM
1996 forest green Hyundai lantra.
It was gifted to me by my aunty when she bought a new toyota corolla about 18 months ago.
She however is now dead due to my lack of attention at round-a-bouts.
so now i have no car, and havn't for about 4 months. My dad is pleased that i have learnt a "very valuable lesson in driving on public roads."

always give way to your right people and never trust that anyone is going to give way.
By allegro731member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 16, 2010 07:30 PM
I got my license in 2006, and my grandmother gave me her 1990 Mercedes 190E. It had origionally been my great-grandmother's car, so it was pretty old. The air conditioning didn't work and the radio was spotty, but I was happy to have a car.

I had that car for about a year before I inherited my current car from my late grandma (other side of the family). That car is a 1998 Honda Accord LX and I am still driving it today. It's been a great, reliable car, and even though I would probably prefer something a litter more sporty and newer, I love driving it because it reminds me of my grandma.
By miniwheat
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:09 PM
Mine was a 1997 Dodge Intrepid that I still drive. Its so ugly but I'm very glad that I at least have a car!
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 PM
White '97 Nissan Sentra.
Just 'got it' today! Me and my mom are sharing until she gets herself a new one.
I love that car.

This isn't exactly the same, but relatively.
Image hotlink - 'http://images.carsforsale.com/259042/3F9160A0-EC04-420E-9B55-FA87B4F6A343_1.jpg'
By Beckymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Mar 23, 2010 04:33 AM
Well as of today.

A 2005 Holden Barina in pewter. I don't have a picture yet but yeah :)
By ChristinePremium member
On Tue Mar 23, 2010 08:05 AM
No picture....but it was a little Austin Healey Sprite. British Racing Green. So cute.

I miss those old sports cars.

Keep On Dancing
By Sparkle_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 23, 2010 07:32 PM
Well I've had my license since August 2009, and my mom lend me her 2001 Jeep Cherokee :) I'm still using it, but I'm thinking about buying a car any time en the near future.
By BusyIzzy
On Thu Apr 01, 2010 09:39 AM
Image hotlink - 'http://images.compucars.co.uk/110918/large/toyota-aygo-hatchback-petrol_731419.jpg'

I still have my first car it's a Toyota Aygo. It's tiny so can only fit four people in it, but I love it. Because it's so small it is SO easy to park, which is good for me as I am terrible at parallel parking.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 AM
A 1992 Dodge Spirit (mine was burgundy). Total grandma car but it got me from point A to point B and the A/C was cold (a must in Texas). I have a new-to-me car now which I love, but I gotta admit, some days I really miss it.

Dani
By Beckymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 02:36 AM
It has been to the mechanic's twice and back to the Holden dealer once since we got it but lucky it was under warranted and thus free of charge.

My bug :)
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 02:47 AM
A 2007 Blue Toyota Yaris named Mouse. Its beautiful and I love it. Haven't had any problems, drives like a dream and is a delight. Very light on fuel - I think I was told it runs at about 7litres per kilometre or something (I'm not a car person so I don't really understand)
By SarahdncrPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 12:00 PM
A tan colored 1975 AMC Hornet Wagon. I got it in 1983 when I was 17. To this day, I have owned almost nothing but station wagons.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 01:36 PM
Edited by Krystal (73000) on 2010-05-02 13:40:27
A 2001 PT Cruiser Turbo. I still have it (only been driving for about three years) and the only thing I would change about it is the gas mileage. It gets 15-17, maybe 20 if I don't run the air/heat at all :P

Image hotlink - 'http://www.autospectator.com/cars/files/images/2008-Chrysler-PT-Cruiser-Limited.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/chrysler_pt_cruiser_gt_2005_dashboard_dashboard.jpg'

Just like that only mine is teal.
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 01:58 PM
M Reg, ford fiesta in maroon. Was a brilliant little car, cornered on 2 wheels.
Bought it off a friend on ebay for £300, and sold it a year later for £500! Ha ha ha
By shannon13
On Sun May 02, 2010 01:58 PM
2001 chrysler seabring (Mr. Smiley) it was an okay car. I had an oil leak and it fried the engine earlier this year so now I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty (Stormin' Norman) that I love!
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 03:02 PM
My very first car was a 1993 Chevy Corsica. I was given in when I started college. Unfortunatly after about 2 months of driving it someone smashed into me and totaled it. Insurance didnt exactly pay out much for it either despite the fact it had like 60,000kms on it. :\

I sorts of consider my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire my first car. I HATED it. SOOO many problems with that car. Grrr. I still have it actually. I dont drive it, but its just kind of sitting at my Mother's house. They start it up occasionally and run it around the block. My brother has kind of inherited it, but unfortunalty can't drive it untill he goes a year seizure free.
By MovinTooFastPremium member
On Sun May 02, 2010 06:20 PM
This is my first car. Technically it's my dad's, but I'm the only one who drives it and he bought it for me. She's a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit/G5. The pic isn't my exact car, but it's the exact same. Mine has a sunroof too, and also had chips in the paint on the hood (from the previous owner) and it got keyed down the side when I was out of town for the dance competition. The first vehicle I drove was my dad's 1996 GMC Sierra, but he sold it a few months ago.
Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch