Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Guys dance shorts
By jjs
On Sun Mar 07, 2010 04:31 PM

Hey guys,

I have been looking for some dance shorts for ages. I bought some Sansha ones online, but the supplier hasn't shipped them yet and I ordered a month ago so I'm not all that confident that they will arrive!

I usually wear a long legged, short sleeve unitard for ballet with a t-shirt on top, and sleeveless short unitard for everything else with a vest on top but my unitards are getting a bit scraggy and i don't like wearing all these layers - i get hideously hot!

I was looking for some quite short shorts, not the cycling style...

Any help would be appreciated!

J

4 Replies to Guys dance shorts

re: Guys dance shorts
By Jutty04901
On Fri Mar 12, 2010 08:40 AM
I know that harmonie bodywear has a pair of guy's short shorts. I own a pair. If you also look at discount dancewear, they have a pair of what they call bike shorts by allen bodywear. Don't let the name through you off. Both the allen and harmonie have a 3 1/2 inch inseam.
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 12, 2010 09:37 AM
Hello,

At e-dancewear.com they have "short short" so not the bike style ;)

Grtz.
By dancingdawg
On Fri Mar 12, 2010 04:56 PM
Try the following styles from dancewearsolutions.com

Both are Ballera and technically girls shorts, but the first of these is cut almost exactly like the men's bike shorts.

MT2764-This is called the longer length Dance Short, and is double thickness of nylon/spandex. They are very supportive even without a dance belt, although I wouldn't recommend that. These are my favorite dance type short. They also only cost about 10 bucks and come in Black, White, Pink, Lime, Yellow, Nude

MT2893-These are more feminine, and they have a small liner, but the nice thing is that they are a single thickness of nylon/spandex. They also have a 1/4 inch band at each leg so they do not ride up. These come in Black, White, and nude.

I like the nylon/spandex feel and durability better. They look just as masculine as the mens shorts.
By luv2plie
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 08:52 PM
I never knew guys wore shorts over their tights! For a beginner dancer sometimes they wear sports shorts over tights because they are embarassed wearing tights. After a white they lose the shorts and just wear tights only!

Kev

ReplySendWatch