Forum: General / Homework Help

Part 1 of Research Paper due tomorrow! What have I gotten myself into?
By ballet_twin_2member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 08, 2010 05:48 PM

Okay. So my I need to have all of my sources for my junior research paper turned in tomorrow, which is no big deal except for I still haven't even completely decided on my topic!

We have to write a persuasive paper, taking a stand on the issue we decide to write about. I'm pretty sure I want to do something with divorce, but I'm having an extremely hard time narrowing the topic down to my actual thesis statement.

I have several ideas floating around in my head right now.

1. Something about the increased divorce rate and its causes.

2. No marriage is hopeless: divorce can be prevented.

and finally...

3. something to do with the effect divorce has on the children in the family.

So basically, I would really appreciate any of you all's input on a thesis statement, or sources where I might find some information. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time figuring out my thesis but I am!

Any ideas, opinions, brainstorms are greatly appreciated!

Or other research paper topic ideas too, for that matter :)

2 Replies to Part 1 of Research Paper due tomorrow! What have I gotten myself into?

re: Part 1 of Research Paper due tomorrow! What have I gotten myself into?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Mar 08, 2010 06:16 PM
Which can you find the best sources for? I picked a topic for my research paper last semester, and couldn't find one single source that agreed with me. I ended up having to switch topics, just for sheer lack of sources. :/ So spend a minute on Google Scholar, and see what you can find. Then decide.
re: Part 1 of Research Paper due tomorrow! What have I gotten myself into?
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Mon Mar 08, 2010 06:22 PM
You might think of going broader: "No-Fault Divorce has a negative effect on ?American? society, and should be replaced with other divorce options that make it harder for divorce to happen."

You can include the reasons for divorce, the effects of children, and that most marriages can be saved.

(Your 'exception to the rule' is abusive relationships or other extenuating circumstances.)

All of what you want to include, while being persuasive.

ReplySendWatch