I knew this was coming
By spotlightsue
On 03/09/2010 13:19:52
My office manager told me last night she would not be returning in the fall. She's told me over the past few months she was thinking of not returning but not too sure at the time. She'd rather work from home then come into the studio. She told me she'd be happy to do projects from home but the day to day running of the studio, no. Now I need to find someone who is not a push over. I could do the office but I'd prefer someone who can say "no" and not bend my policies. I'm not good at that. She did suggest the mother of one of my instructors. This Mom has plenty of dance school office experience (she was the office mgr for my former teacher) but I feel uncomfortable having the Mom of one of my teachers at the desk. Time to start looking.
re: I knew this was coming
By Rose
On 03/09/2010 13:54:36
How about a retired schoolteacher, or manager? People 60+ are often glad with a few hours a day/week, don't have to be home at dinner time for the kids, and have normal salary demands. Often willing to do much more than just is in their contract. Try to contact a bridgeclub, or something like that.
By dancinmssherry
On 03/09/2010 18:52:29
I would NOT have the mom of one of my teachers work in the office. Sounds like trouble to me.
By i_am_me
On 03/09/2010 18:59:37
I was thinking the same as Lidwina. Maybe an older/retiree would be a good option.
By CherryBee
On 03/09/2010 20:16:39
Even an older woman who hasn't been in the job market for a few years can be a blessing. If they've had some business experience and a reasonably strong personality, that's what you need. Friendly, outgoing, smart, and firm. A stickler for the rules. I would not hire one employee's relative; if anything went wrong, you'd be out two employees.
By wedance09
On 03/10/2010 09:18:46
I would not hire one employee's relative; if anything went wrong, you'd be out two employees.... Yea, and they would leave with a copy of your entire mailing list!
By spotlightsue
On 03/10/2010 12:40:50
Thanks everyone for the advise. I feel very leary about bringing in my instructor's Mom. I'll start looking for someone else.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 08/10/2022 00:17:46