Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

Jazz - Professionals
after high school...
By dancer_gurl2012member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 50, member since Wed May 07, 2008
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 05:09 PM

I am not a professional i just thought this would be the best place to put this question. I was wondering what everyones opinion was whether it's better to go to college or striaght to trainee or company programs. College is so expensive:(

4 Replies to after high school...

re: after high school...
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 06:16 PM
It depends on if you're READY to dance professionally, or need more training.
By dancelover269 Comments: 132, member since Wed Nov 04, 2009
On Mon Mar 15, 2010 09:09 AM
You should really go to college you never know what will happen one little thing could ruin a dance career so its good to have a back up plan and you pretty much have to have a college degree to get any decent job now!!! :)
By dancerdt Comments: 16, member since Tue May 04, 2010
On Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 PM
depends on what your goals are. most dance companies, broadway.... don't hire out of high school. some people leave high school and can get cruise line jobs, which are good paying gigs. i would suggest college to anyone. dancers are dancing way into their thirties now, so getting out of college at 21, 22....not so old anymore. and you can't beat the training you can get at a really good dance college, they really prepare you well.
By k_naasty Comments: 26, member since Sun Jun 06, 2010
On Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:07 PM
I think going to college would be best, especially if you're majoring in dance or something. You can always do companies later in life (after college) but if you start off with a company, you may not want to go to college after the company.

ReplySendWatch