Forum: Music / Music & Songs

What is "Where I Stood" about?
By luvs2dancealot
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 09:00 PM

So I am doing a lyrical/contemporary solo to Where I Stood by Missy Higgins. I am having trouble putting emotion into it. I need some inspiration thanks!

6 Replies to What is "Where I Stood" about?

re: What is "Where I Stood" about?
By SammyAnnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 09:22 PM
I looove this song. I think its about a girl, or woman, it doesn't matter which, who is leaving her boyfriend, not because she doesn't love him but because she has to find herself. So it is this internal struggle between her feelings for him and knowing that she isn't the best for him.
By cecchettigirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 16, 2010 02:21 PM
I agree with the above poster, also adding that I think a more general feeling is leaving something behind, looking back at you past. :) Merde on your piece!
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 04:01 AM
www.songmeanings.net . . .

That should help :)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 04:11 AM
She's leaving her partner and wishing him well and giving him her blessing to move on and find another lover.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By dancigfool91
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 09:37 PM
I agree with the above too...Its about leaving someone or somethign in your past. However I think it means, to me personally, leaving someone you love more than you have ever loved anything because you have become so wrapped up in them that you aren't sure who you are. You are breaking away to find yourself and telling the one you are leaving behind that you wish them well because you know that the next person they are with can love them more than you did because she can give you more than you could. Its about heartache and finding who you are without someone.

Thats my personal interpretation of the song, but, as with most songs, it is what you feel and how you interpret the song that matters.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

ReplySendWatch