Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

not dance related but i'm going to christchurch and...
By thedancecreative
On Mon Mar 15, 2010 08:29 PM
Edited by thedancecreative (211708) on 2010-03-15 20:29:33

Hi,

I'm from Brisbane and I am going to christchurch (which is not huge news, my mum is from there and I go alot) on good friday. We are then going to drive through Arthurs Pass and someone told me that there might be a little bit of snow already then?! I have never ever seen snow but cant really find any extended weather forecasts for the area. Does anyone know or is it just wishful thinking and I'm an idiot hahaha?

Thanks (please don't judge me! it doesnt get below 5 degrees here and i'm excited!)

2 Replies to not dance related but i'm going to christchurch and...

re: not dance related but i'm going to christchurch and...
By Merfi
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 08:34 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure if I can really help because I'm from Auckland and the only time I've been to Arthur's Pass it was in the middle of summer. I'm pretty certain that there's snow at Arthur's Pass (and definitely in Christchurch) in the winter, but this year our autumn has been quite a bit warmer for longer than it usually is, so I'm not sure of your chances of seeing snow.

Don't worry, I would be totally excited to be in the snow too, I've only been in the snow a couple of times in my life!!
re: not dance related but i'm going to christchurch and...
By thedancecreative
On Sat Mar 27, 2010 04:30 PM
hey thanks! I have been told that although some times there is a little at this time - this year has been warmer then usual - by warmer they mean 16-21 degrees which for me is still cold. thanks again!

ReplySendWatch