Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Flesh color ballet shoes
By luv2plie
On Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 PM

Any guys here uses flesh color ballet shoes for ballet classes? Just wondering.
I usually wear white ballet shoes for classes;)

Kev

7 Replies to Flesh color ballet shoes

re: Flesh color ballet shoes
By dancingdawg
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 08:20 PM
The only ones I have seen are in womens sizes only.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:55 AM
I've seen it from time to time. Flesh-colored ballet shoes come in all sizes.
By balletkml
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 09:07 PM
I wear flesh or pink colour slippers all the time with footless or convertible tights; I also have a habit of wearing different colour slippers and tights in contrast since I was taught in Asia early on so my mistakes can be corrected - in class - and that pure lines are secondary to proper placement of our body/muscles. Of course in performance, it is necessary to be neat.
BTW, Sansha makes flesh colour slippers, and their #1 Pro pink is light enough to match our Asian skin colour, also Capezio's Cobra pink or light suntan is close to skin colour. Raindance, which, I think, is another inexpensive choice readily available.
By guyclone
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 05:29 AM
I don't have any tan shoes, but I do have a few pair of "pink" shoes that I got because they are close to skin color. I've never come across leather tan shoes though, which is why mine are pink. I prefer leather shoes.
Why are you asking? Are you thinking of ditching the white for tan?
By luv2plie
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 03:14 PM
Just wondering...We had a new male student that started ballet classes with us and he wore flesh color ballet shoes. I think my ballet teacher spoke to him after class and now he is wearing white ballet shoes!

Kev
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 22, 2010 08:00 AM
Wow, I hope everyone's happy, now that he's fallen in line and conformed. Imagine what would happen if one guy is wearing flesh-colored shoes while all the other guys in the room (so numerous) have white.

No, seriously... just because one studio wants things one way does not mean that it's universal. It's their prerogative to require white shoes, just like it's their prerogative to require green leotards at a certain level and black leotards at another. But there's nothing universal about that requirement, it's just what one studio decided their uniform would be.
By fleshjazzpants
On Thu May 20, 2010 10:31 PM
I feel that flesh are okay. Most guys wear black or white but flesh are OK.

ReplySendWatch