Forum: General / Travel - Photos

Travel - Photos
Northern Ireland - an unexpected beauty
By nic_dancezonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1106, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:33 AM

I am sure I put this post up already and DDN seems to have eaten it.

These are photos from when I went to see my sister in Northern Ireland for Christmas. It was very cold with lots of snow and ice.

Most of them are from around Newtownards bout 20 minutes from Belfast, west coast and up towards the Giants Causeway.

I was so surprised about how beautiful it was and hwo friendly the people where despite all the troubles.

5 Replies to Northern Ireland - an unexpected beauty

re: Northern Ireland - an unexpected beauty
By nic_dancezonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1106, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:49 AM
More photos x
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 AM
Scabo tower - Newtonwards x
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4729, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 09:04 AM
These photos are breathtaking. You're lucky you've had the chance to visit Ireland. I'd love to visit Ireland some day. My mom in fact comes from Northern Ireland. Her hometown is Belfast. She's seen these areas in your photos before.

If you don't mind my asking, what made you think Northern Ireland is an unexpected beauty? Is it somply because you've heard of the troubles of the IRA there?
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 09:34 AM
I have visited Ireland twice one down near Tralee and another time near Galway. It is only a short and sometimes cheap hop across the channel for me as I live in UK.

We do hear a lot about the troubles of the IRA particularly as the Britsh press like to pick up on any little thing that happens.

I always think of the hills and beauty of Wales and Scotland both of which I have visited many times and just did not expect the same or similar beauty in Northern Ireland. I expected some beauty but not this much. So was more unexpected that it was naturally beautiful just because I did not know. Hope that makes sense.

xx
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:31 AM
1. Was the road to get down the the rope bridge me and my dad decided was not worth it as was so much ice and it was cold.

ReplySendWatch