Poll: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3
What best decribes how you feel about your weight?
By dancingdawg
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 07:31 AM

I need this for a class project. Remember not to list height or weight in comments.

62 Replies to What best decribes how you feel about your weight?

re: What best decribes how you feel about your weight?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 08:01 AM
I'm bigger then I want to be, but I don't feel like I look bad. Heh.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 AM
I'm pretty satisfied. Some days I feel like I should lose five pounds, other days I'm totally happy.

Today I'm happy. :D
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 06:02 AM
I really and totally hate it! Need to lose weight for dance.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 06:36 AM
I'm perfectly happy. I do fluctuate a little and so I'm probably on the bigger side of my normal now, but that's just because I'm not currently doing a theatre production. I always tend to lose a little through the rehearsal process and again once the show opens.

I think I am healthy and reasonably fit and like the way I look in my clothes.

Helen
By lux
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 06:47 AM
I'm incredibly split-personality over my weight. My weight rarely changes, but my actual perception of it flucuates hugely.

Some days I'll be reasonably happy with my weight, other days I'd kill to lose anywhere between 2 and 10 kilos, depending on how I think I look.

My BMI is well within the healthy range, but I could stand to lose more than 5 kg before I would be considered underweight.
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 09:31 AM
I'm a healthy weight. Some days I feel completely happy and beautiful, other days I lay on the floor and cry because I hate my body.
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 AM
I'm at a perfect weight by medical standards and am quite lucky. Not only is everything fine as long as I dance & exercise and eat healthy but I even feel just right. However human beings have evolved to be very active hunter-gatherers, often nomadic, who needed to survive periods of little food. So our instincts aren't the best for living in a world where we sit at computers all day while getting as much sugar and fat as we crave. Many people, once they've reached their correct weight, just have to trust to logic and tell their bodies to shut up if they still feel that they're too fat or too thin.
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:11 AM
Eh, if I could lose 5 pounds, I would be ecstatic. I'm 5 pounds 'overweight' so if I could get at the so called 'healthy weight' level, then I'd be happy. 10 pounds is my goal by my junior year.
re: What best decribes how you feel about your weight? (karma: 6)
By amichelle523member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 AM
Ideally, I would like to lose 5 pounds. Realistically, I love ice cream.

I'm a realist.
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 AM
I have gained SOO much weight from this forced.... immobility.. it makes me SOOO angry....

but, I move when I can.. but most kinds of cardio vascular are out.

Hopefully I can get some relief from this.
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 AM
I'm too skinny and bony :P I don't like it, and I really wish I had some curves. Especially my arms, I have incredibly skinny arms. It's very annoying.
By HollieErin
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 AM
I deffinitly avoid weighing myself because no matter what number I see on the scale I always feel that it is too high. I am mainly happy with my weight, at least right now I am, I could stand to loose five pounds, but I doubt much of my clothing would fit anymore.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 PM
I'm actually in the process of losing vanity weight. I'm in my healthy range, though near the upper limit. If I lost 5 pounds, I'd be perfectly healthy. I gained something like 30 pounds with birth control back in 2007-2008, and then lost 17 last summer. I gained back probably 10 pounds of that over the winter, and I've lost maybe 2-3 of that in the last two weeks or so. I'm looking to lose probably 20-30 pounds. I was close to the lower limit of my weight category before initially gaining that weight (I'm super tall, it takes a lot of weight loss to be noticeable), but I felt like I looked better then.
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:33 PM
I don't quite know how to answer this- I've gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but only because I lost muscle mass from not dancing during most of my pregnancy. I also still have some of my baby weight that I'd really like to see gone... So I guess I moreso want to get fit rather than lose any weight.
By dancinqt5013member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:46 PM
I would love to lose 10 pounds. I'm at a perfectly healthy weight by medical standards and all that, but I'm definitely out of shape by my standards. And I've never been happy with the way my arms look. I'm focusing on getting those in shape right now and I might start running soon.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 07:33 PM
Edited by Smile_when_dncng (197101) on 2010-03-20 19:36:20
I have a BMI in the 40+ range so I am considered morbidly obese. However, I have lost 11 inches so far and I am exercising a lot more jumping on my mini-trampoline for my cardio exercise and I swing dance on Thursday evenings with a local group here. I also do crunches in my computer chair as well.

I only measure myself. The numbers on a scale do not matter. They do not reflect the 'real you'. Plus, muscle weighs more than fat, so you're not really getting a true accurate number to begin with. :)
By punkgirl59
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 PM
I'm 8 months pregnant right now so I'm obviously happy with whatever I weight I've gained for baby girl.

But I'll answer with my pre-pregnancy weight. I was perfectly happy with my weight. My BMI was technically slightly underweight, but I had maintained that weight most of my teenage and adult life, and just naturally had a slim and small build. I anticipate it will be pretty easy to drop the baby pounds that I've gained, but I'd be happy with my pre-pregnancy weight or even a few more pounds. I've always been happy with my weight. (Except now that it's all yanking down on my ribs and back and making me walk funny.)

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:48 PM
Sometimes I'm satisfied, sometimes not. Overall, I want to lose a bit of weight, but I don't hate my body or anything like that.
By pondflyPremium member
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 PM
I could use another 10#, but I'm not arguing.
By imadancer2member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:37 PM
I'm of healthy weight, but "healthy weight" is NOT "dancer weight"

I could loose around 10 pounds and that would be GREAT!
By RawrRose
On Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 PM
I voted "I could lose a few pounds." My BMI is like 24.7ish, so I'm a few bites away from being overweight. It's a fine line I walk cautiously... I'd like to lose a few pounds so that I wouldn't risk being overweight every time I ate a brownie...
By BooPopsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 AM
I voted 'could lose a few pounds' because although I'm in the healthy weight range, I would love to lose 10 more pounds.
By DancerAndromedamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:20 PM
I'm also at "healthy weight" by medical standards (18 BMI), but it really depends on the day for me. Sometimes I feel like I could lose a few pounds, but still be somewhat okay with my current weight. But on other days I just hate my body and want to run away from it and never look at it again. So I voted "I could lose a few pounds."
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 PM
Plus, muscle weighs more than fat,

No it doesn't. Muscle and fat weigh exactly the same. Muscle is a considerably denser material, and therefore takes up far less space then the same weight would in fat (a pound of muscle is about the size of a package of Kraft Cheese Slices, a pound of fat is about the size of a two liter bottle of pop), but ultimately, they weigh exactly the same.
Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch