Popular Highland

Mixed age class by fusilli
I started a new class this week as the adult only class I had been going to is not a suitable time...

Forum: General

Teachers - General
Do you like Revolution Dancewear Shoes & Tights? en>fr fr>en
By KGF Comments: 13, member since Wed Aug 26, 2009
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 04:21 PM

I am looking at selling Revolution Dancewear shoes and tights next year. Their prices seem very reasonable and I've heard lots of great feedback about their costumes and customer service. Just wondered what everyone's experiences were with their shoes and tights.

Here are a few of my specific questions...
1) They offer 5 different ballet shoe styles. I was looking at the Stretch Ballet and Full-Sole Ballet since they come in both black and pink. The Stretch Sole has no drawstrings, which is enticing (since I seem to spend half of my pre-school class tying strings!) What are your experiences with these two shoes? The Stretch comes in Classic Pink, while the Full-Sole comes in Prima Pink. Do you prefer one color over the other?

2) There are two different slip-on buckle tap shoes... the Student Tap and the U-Shell Tap. My plan is to use the same shoe for ages 4-10. Does anyone prefer one over the other? I was thinking of the U-Shell, although the non-slip rubber patch worries me. We've had shoes in the past with rubber patches that left black skid marks on our floors.

3) Have you had good experience with their tights? This year we used Bloch (Pink & Light Tan), which I really like, although they seem to run easily. What do you think of the Revolution tights? Are they durable? Colorwise, which do you prefer? I'm always afraid of the super tan colored tights and seem to prefer the lighter nude colors. However, the picture of their "Tan" color looks a little strange?

Thanks for your feedback! Any thoughts you can share would be helpful!

16 Replies to Do you like Revolution Dancewear Shoes & Tights?

re: Do you like Revolution Dancewear Shoes & Tights? en>fr fr>en
By twinkletoes50 Comments: 206, member since Thu Apr 20, 2006
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 05:34 PM
Shoes are fine but I haven't had good luck with tights - run very easily
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25538, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 05:39 PM
I never had problems with tights but have not ordered from them in 3 years since I retired. Shoes are good.
By cmdc Comments: 3084, member since Sat Jun 02, 2007
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 05:42 PM
I use the black footed tights for my performance kids and have had good experiences. No runs and they've used them for 4 performances this year so far.
By buckeye2 Comments: 3669, member since Sat Jan 01, 2005
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 07:05 PM
If you use their tights, make sure to go with the dark tan. I used the tan the first year and it had a greenish tint in the pictures. The Dark Tan looks much better! They have held up well for us. My kids typically only wear them for pictures, rehearsal and recital. I wear them for class occassionally and they have held up well.

I prefer the Classic Pink for the ballet shoes. I use the canvas ones. The prima pink is kinda bright for me, but they have tights that match both.
By luvs2dancealot Comments: 1092, member since Mon Mar 31, 2008
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 07:28 PM
1. I personally prefer the stretch ballet shoes. They truly are the greatest thing for baby classes. Kids also seem to get a little more wear out of them as they stretch more than the fullsole. Just my opinion.

2. Definately get the U-Shell Tap they sound soooo much better. They have true taps on them whereas the student taps have the riveted plates. We have never had an issue with skid marks on the floors.

3. Revolution tights are my favorite tights, especially their body tights! As someone else said efinately go with the dark tan, the other ones were almost like a pinkish tan and didn't look good.

Hope that helps!
By Dancer904Premium member Comments: 3630, member since Sat Aug 16, 2003
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 07:34 PM
1. I use the full sole for my little ones in pink - they are great. We use the premium split sole for the older ones, I have no exp. with the stretch ballet.

2.I use both - the student tap for ages 3-5, the ushell for ages 6-8. I like both, the student tap is more babyish, I would not put that on the older ones.

3. I love their tights - for the recital we use the dark tan stirrup tights for all 6&up dancers. For class we allow the kids to have pink, black, or tan. I order the regular pink tights. The classic pink is brownish, and the prima pink too peachy for my taste. My ballet students for recital use a different brand of ballet pink tights. They are soft and comfortable and fit well. They will send you a sample if you are unsure about colors.

I dont order their leos, I have another brand of leos we order that we like, but we love the shoes and tights. We also use the premium jazz tap shoe for the older students, and the ultra arch dance sneaker in black for all ages hip hop. The prices are great and they usually ship the same day - as a matter of fact, I just placed an order with them earlier today and just got tracking numbers in my email a little while ago!
By tappin_cait Comments: 1409, member since Mon Oct 03, 2005
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 08:19 PM
For recreational students, I think their quality and pricing is just right.

Ballet shoes: We use "Full-sole ballet" for our littles - no problems (they still have the ties - which actually is nice if the shoe does not fit exactly right).

We use "Premium Split-Sole" for our ballet students. Again, no problem and the Prima Pink color is very nice. The 3rd picture shows the difference between other brands (the pink middle flower dancer is wearing Revolution brand, the other flowers are wearing other brands).

Tap Shoes: We use the slip-on tap for our youngest girls. Have not had any problems. I have not tried the U-Buckle.

The shoes tend to run small and narrow. I find we size kids 2-3 sizes above their street size.

Tights: For "nude color" tights, we use the Dark Tan or Classic Pink. The regular tan is a bit greenish. Both of these groups in the pictures are wearing "Classic Pink". I think its a bit light. If you kids have tan skin (or live somewhere southern), Dark Tan would be a better choice. The older kids do not like the high waist, but they are great for younger kids. Other than that, I have not had any complaints about the quality of the tights.

Overall - I am very happy with my choice to carry Revolution. They are fast shipping (2 days to our location in NY) and have great customer service. There was an issue with some back orders in the beginning of the year, but they replaced my back orders with their higher quality products at no extra cost. Highly recommended!
By tappin_cait Comments: 1409, member since Mon Oct 03, 2005
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 08:26 PM
oops - forgot to add the example pictures!! :)
By kaylietess Comments: 131, member since Thu Oct 22, 2009
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 08:51 PM
I agree with everyone else, I just wanted to add that (at least in my experience) If you do have an issue they have wonderful customer service. We had a student that was having trouble with a screw in her tap shoe and it ended up being stripped, they sent us a new pair expidited to get them in for our show.
By RisingStarsDance Comments: 386, member since Sun Jun 07, 2009
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 09:39 PM
Edited by RisingStarsDance (212455) on 2010-03-24 21:40:09
I'm also thinking about using Revolution next year. I had such a wonderful experience this year with their costumes so I'm definitely considering.
I do know that their tights are really soft!
Does anyone have any pics that show the dark tan tights? I've seen their tan (way too green) and their classic pink (which is ok it looks like a light tan) but I have not seen their dark tan. Honestly I wish their tight colors were better!

By the way.... Thanks Tappin_Cait for showing the classic pink!
By kaylietess Comments: 131, member since Thu Oct 22, 2009
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 07:00 AM
^^^^when I wasn't sure about tights colors they have been willing to send me some samples to see them in person.
By IvynonaPremium member Comments: 163, member since Tue Jan 10, 2006
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 07:05 AM
I have tried the ballet shoes this year. I like having the sizing kits. However, I have noticed that the full sole ballet shoes look wrinkled and dried out after a couple of months. Anyone else have this problem?
By RisingStarsDance Comments: 386, member since Sun Jun 07, 2009
On Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:47 PM
kaylietess wrote:

^^^^when I wasn't sure about tights colors they have been willing to send me some samples to see them in person.

When I ordered my costumes they sent me Classic Pink and Tan but not the dark tan
By ktzanetop Comments: 75, member since Sat Jan 03, 2009
On Mon Mar 29, 2010 09:30 AM
We use Revolution for all of our classes. Make sure to get the sizing kits. They are wonderful!!! I like that you can have matching tights and shoes.
By DelilahDance Comments: 824, member since Wed Dec 21, 2005
On Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 AM
Your gonna love revolution! I sell these at my studio. I wouldn't use them for competition. But they are great for class! and they praticly sell themselves. I use the slip on tap. I use the white for the babys, then the kids are excited to graduate to the "tan" color when they turn six. Then I use the premioum slip on tap for 8 and up. I also like the new oxford. I use the full sole ballet for my little ones, and the canvas ballet slipper for 8 and up. All the tights match the shoes, so it look so nice and neat for recital. The jazz shoes are nice too. The great part is you can sell this for less than the local dancewear shop and still turn a reasonable profit
By StudioSally Comments: 661, member since Thu Jul 05, 2007
On Thu Apr 01, 2010 05:56 PM
Revolution is GREAT!

I use the stretch ballets for my students 2 to 10 and LOVE THEM!!

I only use the student slip on tap so I can not say anything about the u-shell.

LOVE THE TIGHTS. When I asked them about the tan and dark tan, they sent me a sample of each. DEFINATELY GO WITH THE DARK TAN!

ReplySendWatch