Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

I need "stunts" or things to do with two girl partners in a lyical dance
By mfhsdancer
On Sun Mar 28, 2010 06:50 PM

I'm choreographing a lyrical to The Special Two by Missy Higgins for four girls and since it's about two people I want to do parnter work and stunts or jumps and anything really. Any ideas would help cause I've never done parnter work for a lyical

Thanks!!

2 Replies to I need "stunts" or things to do with two girl partners in a lyical dance

re: I need "stunts" or things to do with two girl partners in a lyical dance
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 AM
Rely on what partner work you DO have. I think that it is unsafe to work on something new or smoething you haven't done before if you haven't been adequately trained and prepared to do so. Remember: partner work is not defined by lifts and tricks: dancing and connecting can be just as/more powerful. Perhaps see how close together they can do certain movements. Can they do other phrases while staying in physical contact the entire time?
re: I need "stunts" or things to do with two girl partners in a lyical dance
By mfhsdancer
On Mon Mar 29, 2010 05:41 PM
well I don't want anything big or risky cause I agree we're a little too inexperienced for that... but i was thinking of just like things to lean on each other or little things that connect us. it's for my squad on my high school dance team so I can't do anything too extravegant but I want to try something new but I just don't know what to do. and because they aren't reall experienced i don't know how well they will do staying in contact the entire time :/ but what do you have in mind?

ReplySendWatch