Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Stretching Photos - Members
Test shoot, what do you think?
By kittymoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 399, member since Fri Oct 28, 2005
On Sat Apr 03, 2010 02:11 PM

Hey everyone, these are some of my latest pictures I'm doing a photoshoot with a professional photographer and needed to show her some interesting poses.

What do you think?
What can I try next?
Be really honest, I really want to improve! ¢¾

11 Replies to Test shoot, what do you think?

re: Test shoot, what do you think?
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 01:31 AM
These are great photos! Thank you for posting them. What about some splits and frontbends for the next shooting?

Yours,

MisterMister
By Spotlightbabe Comments: 157, member since Fri Jul 03, 2009
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 03:24 AM
I love the last two so definately use those. To be honest Im not keen on the first photo. The line it creates is not very pretty.
By kittymoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 399, member since Fri Oct 28, 2005
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 04:24 AM
Yeah, I agree.
I was supposed to be the "door frame stretch" but it looks a little clumsy.
Thanks guys :)
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 08:55 AM
the third is my favorite
By BgirlDoesBallet Comments: 598, member since Sun May 31, 2009
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 09:14 AM
Gorgeous pictures! The fifth, eighth, and ninth ones are my favorites.

Have fun at your photo shoot :D
By emmaleex99 Comments: 681, member since Mon Jun 09, 2008
On Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 PM
I really like the fifth pose for a photo shoot - it's a lot more interesting than the rest. I actually did a double take :P
By rockytoo Comments: 347, member since Sun Aug 10, 2003
On Sun May 02, 2010 02:27 AM
I like the neat waistline you have when you do your backbends.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Tue May 04, 2010 02:32 PM
wow they are very good x
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Tue May 04, 2010 02:41 PM
For the first photo, I think that stretch/flexibility would look more natural if your hands were on the barre or a wall for balance, so you can still show that upper back flexibility, but you won't have to torque your body so far forward, sticking your rear out, in order to show it off.

This way, your line will be a bit more aesthetically pleasing, as well as showing your range.
By ashleythedancer Comments: 136, member since Tue Jul 14, 2009
On Tue May 04, 2010 03:04 PM
The 3rd and the 8th are my favorite. Very aesthetically pleasing, while showing off your flexibility at the same time. :)

And by the way, great flexibility! I wish that my back was as flexible as yours! :D

Other poses that you may want to do would be...
splits
right or left split, with your back arched and the back leg bent to touch your head
a pose like the 3rd pic, but with one leg pointed towards the ceiling

That's just my two cents, good luck with the photoshoot!!!
On Fri May 07, 2010 11:34 AM
Thankyou everyone, I really do argree with the stuff about the first photo, I usually use a door frame but it was hard to do with the self time. Thankyou for all the sdvice I will definately take it on board!
¢¾

ReplySendWatch