Poll: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: What is your fav Beginner Dance?
By trebletreble
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 02:50 AM
Light jig, all the way! I've always loved that, and it was the first dance I ever got first in :')
By Lasselanta
On Thu Jul 01, 2010 05:19 AM
I love beginner hornpipe most of all! For it's rhytm. And another favorite dance was slip-jig. Most people say these two are the most difficalt dances becose it is hard to understand rhytm. But for me it was understandable enought :) I don't know why, but the most difficalt for me is reel and treble jig, I hate them)
By AnitaSoftie
On Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 AM
My fave is single jig:) because it was the first dance I learnt together with my dancemates:-D They were a way ahead of me!
By leaps4lifemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 05:53 PM
Absoulutly 100% Beginner reel! I just love my schools beg. reel! :D
By SaoirseCorPremium member
On Mon Aug 16, 2010 05:57 PM
The slip jig is our favorite. The timing took a while to understand but once my daughter understood it she just flew! She is more of a graceful dancer and has greater difficulty with the reel.

Comment #9185959 deleted
Removed by ReelMomCT (218851) on 2010-08-16 17:58:47 Double post- Sorry- Don't know how that happened.

By CelticFeet392
On Mon Sep 06, 2010 07:22 PM
I love the slip jig to this day. I always place first in it, it's always come easily to me, and it will always be my favorite dance.
By irishreel
On Tue Sep 07, 2010 04:13 AM
My favourite dance is usually the dance I can perform better in that period. I sometimes can do excellent slip jig and awful treble jigs, so in that case the slip jig is my favourite dance...just because I can perform it correctly. Sometimes the opposite happens. Sometimes my favourite dance is the reel because I'm focusing more on it, for example.
So...it depends on the moment and on my capability of performing the steps.
I like very much when steps come fluid and harmonic. When this happens, I can say that one is one of my favourite dances.
- irishreel -
By McConomy_Fan
On Sat Oct 02, 2010 08:24 PM
As a beginner we only did Reel and Light Jig until we got to Advanced Beginner. Either way I loved reel as a beginner and still love it today. So up beat and lively. Last year I was a slip jig for Oireachtas and was so happy to switch back to reel after. I like slip jig, place well at it and all, but reel is by far the best (and hornpipe!)
By CelticPiksymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 16, 2010 02:04 AM
I havent competed in years!

But we did a show last year and we did an awesome unaccompanied heavy reel with about 20 of us on stage! We were wearing poodle socks over black trousers and black tshirts over long white sleeved tops and we had just UV lights on! It was supposed to represent a thunderstorm :D
By irishdancemum1
On Mon Oct 18, 2010 02:17 PM
It has to be the beginner single jig, its a lively little tune to dance too. I suppose the light jig isn't bad either!!
By roz275member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 18, 2010 03:00 PM
Mostly I loved the reel the most because it was the first dance I learned and the one I felt most confident with! It still is my favorite dance!
By celticmomof3
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 AM
My favorite beginner dance is the light jig. The music is so happy.
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 08:32 PM
When I was a beginner, my favorite dance was the reel, but ever since then it's been the single jig.
By Irishdancerchick
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 08:20 AM
When I was still in grades I loved Light Jig... but then I realized it wouldn't get me anywhere :(... Now I love reel and Treble Jig. I hate Slip Jig although I have always done better in slip jig (maybe because of my petiteness [is that a word??] the judges think if your small then you're graceful). I just love kicking high and leaping big in the reel.
By irishfeislovemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:28 AM
I didn't really like any of my beginner dances (probs because when I was doing them in competition I wasn't a true begginer) non comp school for 4 yrs, so they bored me. And my slip jig hurt my knees. It was all this knee stuff. But I would say the treble jig because I'd never done a real treble jig or hornpipe before.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch