Popular Teachers

Port de bras exercises by kr_WDance
Hi all, I have a few intermediate dancers that need help with port de bras- (3 with...

Forum: Departments / Ballet Department

VIS - Ballet Department
Barre Work- Week 1 en>fr fr>en
By slonecker_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 333, member since Wed Dec 17, 2008
On Tue Apr 06, 2010 05:47 PM

Hi Guys!

No real class this week, instead you get a questionnaire that I would LOVE for you to fill out.

1) Describe your type of music. Do you have a favorite song? A favorite artist? A favorite genre? Give me some details...a couple songs you love or a couple artists that you are obsessed with!

2) What do you hope to gain from this class? Why did you sign up for this particular class?

3) How many years of ballet have you taken?

4) Do you have a new exercise/move that you think is SO cool you have to share? Or a classic old favorite? How do you enjoy spending your ballet class?

And finally,
5) What does ballet mean to you (I just think this is a good question...I'm just interested in the responses!)

------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so class guide. You have to post on every new class thread. If you won't be here then please PM me and let me know. I understand the occasional computer problems, but if it's this or that EVERY week we have a problem!

The response doesn't have to be anything big, but I do like critique and response from you. Was there something you liked a lot? Something you didn't like very much? Any input? LET ME KNOW!!

The list I have for this class is:Ballerinacaz
Dancetoexpress
Xox_Julia_xox
CompactDisco
Coupexdancer
J_dances
SIKKEY333
TobyInWonderland
Soccer4eva
Adore_dance
Aurore

6 Replies to Barre Work- Week 1

re: Barre Work- Week 1 en>fr fr>en
By xox_Julia_xoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 247, member since Sat Nov 08, 2008
On Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:09 AM
1) Describe your type of music. Do you have a favorite song? A favorite artist? A favorite genre? Give me some details...a couple songs you love or a couple artists that you are obsessed with!

Actually, my favourite song is Forever Young by Youth Group. I don't like the new version by Jay Z. I also love Down to Earth by Justin Bieber. My taste changes a lot, so if you asked me in a week, it'd probably be different! :)

2) What do you hope to gain from this class? Why did you sign up for this particular class?

I'm trying to get as much actual ballet done at home as I can, and not just stretch/strengthen. It just adds to my normal classes and gives me a bit of practice.

Only one year, but I think I've progresses a lot, or I'd hope so anyway!

4) Do you have a new exercise/move that you think is SO cool you have to share? Or a classic old favorite? How do you enjoy spending your ballet class?

I love stretching my back and legs at the same time, so this one's great:
Get a Theraband and tie it round your ankle.
Grab the other end of the band and pull it up over your shoulder, bringing you leg up in a kind of turned in attitude and pull but keep your back up.

And finally,
5) What does ballet mean to you?

Everything! It keeps me sane, and I don't think I'd cope without it.

Thanks for the class. :) Can't wait till next week!
By SIKKEY333 Comments: 225, member since Sat Aug 01, 2009
On Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 AM
So sorry I am late! I PM the head of ballet department and told her that I am taking this class. I just was having issues with my computer and olnly got it repaired day before yesterday.
Hope I am not to late.
1. I like alot of different music. I love Celiene Dion!
2. Helps me with my "real" ballet class and helps me improve.
3. 7 and a half
4. No not really, my fave excerices we do in ballet class is sotaes and patache. (sp)
5. Everything in the world! It helps me physically and emotionly!
By Ballerinacaz Comments: 435, member since Sun Jan 18, 2009
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 02:57 AM
I don't really have a favourite type or anything, I listen to a load of random stuff, but I do really like Colbie Caillat at the moment :)

I want to do as much dance as I can really, so as I can't do as many 'real' classes as I want, then I thought these would be a good supplement.

Erm I think this is my 6th?

I don't think I have a particular favourite move, I just love all of it!

And finally,
5) What does ballet mean to you (I just think this is a good question...I'm just interested in the responses!)
Well, ballet, and all dance is pretty much all I do. I don't know what I'd do without it. My friends often get annoyed as I miss so much with my dance, but I'd rather be dancing! x
By J_dances Comments: 146, member since Sat Sep 26, 2009
On Sun Apr 11, 2010 01:43 PM

I love loads of different types of music. I've been told I have the randomest (Yeah, totally a word :P) iPod ever. I suck at picking favourite anythings because they change with my mood. :P

I just wanted to see what it was like. Curiosity! Also, I love barre. :)

Started in September 09. :)

I love barre work like glisses and tendus. Footwork is one of my favourites. :)

And finally,

I just love working towards things, and ballet is something that I enjoy that's hard work and that takes effort, but I can see when I improve. :)
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1063, member since Fri Aug 29, 2008
On Tue Apr 13, 2010 08:05 PM
Edited by CompactDisco (201170) on 2010-04-13 20:06:00

Right now I am downright OBSESSED with Alesana, but I love Family Foprce 5, Blessthefall and The Devil Wears Prada a LOT!

I am hoping that I can get better at Ballet at home without just doing straight choreography

I took a year a LONG time ago and this is my first year back.

I just love everything ABOUT Ballet!

And finally,

Ballet means a way to be creative and have something to work towards at the same time. I always have something to aim for in Ballet.

Sorry this is so late!
By adore_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 523, member since Mon Apr 07, 2008
On Wed Apr 14, 2010 06:24 AM
Its adore, late again of course :/

I posted the questionaire under the floor barre thread if thats ok?

ReplySendWatch