Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Need cheap resource for long pikake leis ASAP!!! Any Ideas?
By Lisa05
On Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 AM

We are dancing Hanohano Ka Lei Pikake and we have no pikake leis. I used to order from Tropical Sun Imports, but they don't have a pikake lei anymore. I would like me dancers to wear at least 3 - 5 of them a piece and I have about 18 dancers and we can't afford $15 a piece from the Hula Supplies.

Does anyone know any of the vendors at swap meet in Hawaii or reasonable resources?

Mahalo!!

3 Replies to Need cheap resource for long pikake leis ASAP!!! Any Ideas?

re: Need cheap resource for long pikake leis ASAP!!! Any Ideas?
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 08, 2010 08:30 PM
Check out shaka time, they have them for $12 (I think that's the artificial one.
shakatime.com

But Pikake leis are so expensive because people use them for special occasions, I don't know where you would get one cheap. Maybe if you can get the flowers you can make the leis yourself, or find a silk flower in a shop that resembles it closely and manipulate it so that it looks more like a pikake, that would be cheapest.
By Lisa05
On Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 PM
Thanks for the link. We needed silk and I did find them for a really good price. Tropical Sun found them for us. For all the mainland dancers who can't get live leis everytime they dance, get yourself an account with Tropical Sun. They will sell to dance studios/halaus if you have a tax ID number.
By tahitiandancr405
On Thu May 27, 2010 09:30 PM
Try Lin's lei shop in chinatown. (808)537-4112

ReplySendWatch