Popular Highland

New line of dance shoes from David Wilton by Katja144
It looks like they've only come out within the past month or two, but has anyone yet tried the new...

Forum: Disco / Disco - Parents Only

Disco - Parents Only
Advise needed on best trolley/case to carry all the items needed for Competitions en>fr fr>en
By karenzkaren Comments: 77, member since Mon Sep 21, 2009
On Fri Apr 09, 2010 02:41 PM

Im looking for a trolley/case to put all of the items i need to take with me to competitions. I have seen them about and was wondering about getting one.
Is there anyone out there that has one and which is the best one to have for getting everything in ?
Please advise me on the good ones and the ones that have not worked, so I can avoid. Also how much to pay for one, and where to get it from.
Many thanks to you all.

6 Replies to Advise needed on best trolley/case to carry all the items needed for Competitions

re: Advise needed on best trolley/case to carry all the items needed for Competitions en>fr fr>en
By sally_32member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3021, member since Wed Jul 13, 2005
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 02:18 PM
Hi,

There are so many to choose from, i love the aluminuim ones that have the wheels on but these can be quite expensive although someone may be able to tell you a good website where you can get one cheaper. We bought a toolbox with wheels from B&Q & decorated it ourselves using spraypaint, motifs etc, the box itself was around £25 so reasonable. This fits everything in you would need and also has a pullout drawer which all the make up fits into perfectly.

Love Sally xx
re: Advise needed on best trolley/case to carry all the items needed for Competitions en>fr fr>en
By PrincessxBethx Comments: 522, member since Sat Jul 04, 2009
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 03:35 PM
Hi,
Alot of people seem to use the metal make-up boxes put make up & hair things in the detachable top part and everything in the bottom parts. I have one for all my nail products I got it from beautyboxes.co.uk they range between £79.99 & £99.99 but you can sometimes get them off ebay for about £50.For comps I just use a small suitcase that i fit everything in it was about £15 the only problem with it sometimes is if a comp is busy and u need to lie it down and unzip it all to get something from the bottom. Hope this information helps abit x
Michelle x
On Tue Apr 13, 2010 01:36 PM
Thanks for the advice I will look into it and see what will be best for us. Many thanks...
By elaina16member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 895, member since Mon Aug 14, 2006
On Sat Apr 17, 2010 03:38 PM
I am not sure if you are still looking for a case. But for jazz competitions we use a rolling Stanley Fatmax. It is a rolling tool case but works great. It has a top where you can carry make-up and hair products, and then it also has a lower portion that we put shoes, a small cooler, and additional hair products, and since it is a tool box it is very big inside. Here is a link to the site. My DD's blinged him out for competitions.
www.stanleyworks.co.uk . . .
By GilbertGirlzMum Comments: 55, member since Tue Jan 26, 2010
On Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 PM
I got my beauticians trolley from our local hairdressing wholesalers, it has so many sections that i can keep everything well organised, i found a list of suppliers in the yellow pages and rang around for the cheapest price

Nikki x
On Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for all your replys and I am exploring them. I do also have my eye on a very cheap one, having discovered it recently and its in my husbands garage !! Just needs pinking up a bit and it might just do the job..had not thought of it before until Sally-32 metioned the tool box..!!
If you dont hear from me its worked otherwise will be looking for advise on how to creap round the husband :D

ReplySendWatch