Forum: General / Modern / Modern Photos - Members

Modern Photos - Members
Bill Frederking shoot take 2
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sat Apr 24, 2010 06:58 AM

I'm taking performance workshop again, so that means another photoshoot! New class, new dancers, same photographer.

All photo credit to William Frederking

We got the photos in color and black and white this semester, our goal was B&W.

Clearly, I'm a huge fan of falling :)

19 Replies to Bill Frederking shoot take 2

re: Bill Frederking shoot take 2
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sat Apr 24, 2010 07:04 AM
More pictures :)
By Sumayah Comments: 6879, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Apr 24, 2010 07:58 AM
I love the trio in the first set of pictures. The growth in elevation and the energy is just incredible!
By Writer Comments: 21, member since Mon Apr 19, 2010
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 AM
I am blessed not to be born in english speaking country. We never been tought to behave happy clappy at all times.

I say that to point out, that, whethere you are on the picture or not, you should consider if all the photos you're due to put online are really appropriate.

In this case some are ok, but some are... well... I'll let you think about it, don't want to be to explicit in my opinions, since there's no age filter on the site.
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 AM
I am blessed not to be born in english speaking country. We never been tought to behave happy clappy at all times.

I say that to point out, that, whethere you are on the picture or not, you should consider if all the photos you're due to put online are really appropriate.

In this case some are ok, but some are... well... I'll let you think about it, don't want to be to explicit in my opinions, since there's no age filter on the site.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 PM
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2010-06-12 14:15:20
^What are you on?! I see nothing wrong with her pictures...and there is no reason to bash people living in an English speaking country.

Amy...I don't know how these were posted a bit ago and I never saw them! I always love looking at your pictures...I'll admit I can be a bit of a fb stalker sometimes. You seem to have such control in your dancing and it always makes me wish I had started dance.

On Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:45 PM
Thanks Brittany you just made my day! oh the fb how I love it.

and Writer, I have no idea what you're talking about. I see nothing inappropriate about any of my photos. I'm 22, an adult, I'm fully clothed in proper dance attire (as are all my colleagues in the photos with me), nothing is exposed or falling out, so I'm at a loss for what you're seeing. Do explain what is so offensive about these photos.
By irishdancingdog Comments: 974, member since Sun Oct 11, 2009
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 02:13 PM
Edited by irishdancingdog (217167) on 2010-06-12 14:14:18
I can't say I see anything inapropriate with these pictures....I think that the trio in the first set is my favorite as well.
Is this "innapropriateness" opinion coming from the fact that you believe this kind of dance isn't appropriate? Because none of the moves the dancer is doing are in any way (that I can see) offense or innapropriate.
Also, what does this have to do with being born in an English speaking country?
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3199, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 03:18 PM
I love these. You have such strength in your presence and poses. I love the airborne ones lol.

Writer-what are you smoking?!?!
By Dancing_24_7Premium member Comments: 1422, member since Tue Jul 12, 2005
On Sat Jun 12, 2010 03:53 PM
I like all the pictures but I really like the braid style you did for your hair its really pretty!
On Sun Jun 13, 2010 04:58 AM
Thanks! Yea I couldn't figure out what to do with my hair, in the first photoshoot I did with him I straightened it and wore it all down, so I wanted to do something different this time.

Ally, thanks! The funny thing is all the airborne ones were falls, which is basically my favorite thing to do.
On Sun Jun 13, 2010 05:22 AM
What am I smoking?

That's a really classy comment. Having own point of view, means I am insane? Is that what are you trying to suggest? Nice, very nice...
By irishdancingdog Comments: 974, member since Sun Oct 11, 2009
On Sun Jun 13, 2010 07:01 AM
^It's not that we have a problem with your point of view. We're just a bit curious as to what it is since most of the posters (including me ) don't see anything that is innapropriate.
On Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 PM
It's not that you have an opinion, it's that you haven't explained it as to what is "inappropriate". Really, please explain what is wrong with my images because apparently you're seeing something that no one else is.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:14 PM
Writer, we're all baffled and cannot figure out one thing that could be seen as inappropriate.

Your comment about English speaking countries was pretty classy too, hypocrite.
By BDBest Comments: 6, member since Mon Jun 14, 2010
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 AM
Edited by BDBest (223683) on 2010-06-14 10:38:16 Typo
These images are wonderful. If you have any more please share them with us. There is nothing at all inappropriate to my eyes.
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3199, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 AM
*hijack*
Heh, what can I say, I am a classy lady. I was taking a jab at your rude not classy comment about being blessed to not be born in an English-speaking country. So if you dare to come back to criticize please inform us as to why you deem these awesome pictures inappropriate.
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 PM
What's the reason to point out in public space what's in my opinion inapropriate?

That woldn't be fair for the author, besides I already can see you are not very good in taking the criticism - that's the difference between our cultures. If you all have chips on the sholders, I suggest finding better way to let it go.

To make it as subtle as possible - spending years making photographs of dance and other performing arts, I can only tell that showing photos with not very attractive or appropriate parts of the body tremedously exposed, is not the best idea.

Hope that helps. If not... oh well...
re: Bill Frederking shoot take 2 (karma: 2)
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 PM
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2010-06-14 12:40:55
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2010-06-14 12:41:42
What's the reason to point out in public space what's in my opinion inapropriate?

Because the only thing you added to this thread was that you thought they were inappropriate and none of us can figure out why, is that not simple enough? Maybe if you had just explained why you think they are inappropriate in a constructive way people would have been a little more understanding, you think?

God I really hope you're not turning this into a weight issue...because you better believe I am going to think you're even crazier if you have a problem with people a lil extra weight on them doing the same poses as people who don't. The pictures show what her body looks like - why should she be ashamed of that and not post them? I sure as hell am not going to be ashamed of my body, that's nothing but harmful to my self-esteem.

And for goodness sakes, stop throwing out small snide remarks about other cultures and countries. It is not necessary and just makes you look douchey. If you have a problem with English speaking cultures/people then this probably isn't the website for you...there's a lot of us here.
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 PM
First of all- I'm fine at taking criticism, as long as it is constructive and helpful. I have a degree in dance which you do not get without facing lots and lots of criticism along the way. I also have a background in voice, theatre, and sports, all of which come with criticism. Your critique of my photos is in no way constructive therefore no I will not just accept it and smile and move on, since you have yet to legitimately justify your comments.

Second- Nothing in these images is "tremendously exposed" at all. I can only infer that you are speaking of the one image where I am falling and you can see underneath my skirt. However, I'm wearing a leotard and tights, and nothing is exposed whatsoever.

Ally, Brittany, you girls rock :)

BDBest, thank you so much :) I've posted another set of images from this same photographer a few months ago, they're also on this board if you'd like to see some more.

ReplySendWatch