Forum: General / Ballroom / Swing

Swing
clothing question- probably stupid:)
By highlanddncr Comments: 720, member since Mon Dec 22, 2003
On Sat Apr 24, 2010 08:53 PM

I've read all the posts about what to wear but umm...do you wear spankies/dance pants under your dresses/skirts? I would assume yes but it not sure how much of an issue it will be. Thanks!

3 Replies to clothing question- probably stupid:)

re: clothing question- probably stupid:)
By Tracey1 Comments: 84, member since Thu May 10, 2007
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 03:21 PM
Ballroom and latin competition dresses should have a "built in" leotard and normally ladies/girls do wear dance shorts under latin practise wear. Hope this answers your question :]
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Fri Apr 30, 2010 04:27 PM
Our swing dancing group's attire is very casual. Most wear jeans and t-shirts. Some people dress up though. Others wear nice dress slacks/tops. It's to be comfortable and allow movement.

Competitions now, I don't know because I don't compete.
By Tiggerpants Comments: 933, member since Fri Jan 05, 2007
On Fri Apr 30, 2010 04:54 PM
When I dance on a social night I'll usually wear jeans and a tee-shirt/nice top. If it's an event night I'll sometimes wear a dress and depending on what kind of dress it is I'll slip on a pair of shorts underneath over my underwear just to protect my dignity when spinning (at the last Christmas party I wore a fantastic 50's style dress and the event photographer got a fantastic snap of my knickers which he kindly deleted).

When competing there's usually something built into the costume (if you go down the route of buying a dance costume) or there's some kind of spankies involved.

It really depends on what kind of swing dancing you're doing, dress style varies wildly from regular class nights to party nights to competitions.

xXx

ReplySendWatch