Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competition Results

Jazz - Competition Results
RESULTS!!
By T_Dance_Girl Comments: 218, member since Tue Jun 30, 2009
On Mon Apr 26, 2010 05:37 PM

Hey we had our first competition last weekend and we did pretty well I think.

Ballet- GOLD-88- We're also trying different arms and switching some moves to make it harder.
Contemporary- GOLD-85- we're trying some harder moves, and seeing if we can pull them off and make a difference. By the way, we have 19 people just in the class, so it's considered a line, so it's knid of hard to clean. :)
Tap- SILVER-83
Jazz-BRONZE-79- It was originally an 80 but he scratched it out and put 79.

So overall we did great! The adjudicators didn't give us corrections other than faces and spacing so we don't know what to work on, except for what our teacher says.

I'd also like to say how proud of my friends I am because one did a lyrical solo and was devistated becasue she fell, but ended up getting high gold, high mark in the category and the Sask. dance ambassador award! 3 others did lyrical and all got gold, ad one did contemporary and got silver. GO TEAM!!

3 Replies to RESULTS!!

re: results!!
By T_Dance_Girl Comments: 218, member since Tue Jun 30, 2009
On Mon May 24, 2010 07:52 PM
Second competition we did better but I don't know the exact mars.

Ballet- GOLD
Jazz- SILVER
Tap- SILVER
Contemporary- Gold
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon May 24, 2010 08:11 PM
Well done, I hate it when adjudicators give no corrections! If you haven't got a diamond or platinum then you need corrections, we had that with one competition we did this year. She liked what most of my students did, but even when they scored lower they didn't get proper corrections.

Well done though.
By katiee_dancer Comments: 50, member since Wed Feb 10, 2010
On Tue Jun 22, 2010 08:35 PM
Awesome job, you must have worked hard:)

ReplySendWatch