Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Administrative
bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 04:16 AM

bluexxpink
extremegirl
vanessa2
angels02
diamond2010
glitterpink
glitterpink09
sammyjoe1994
jojosammy
sylviacloset

All these accounts were linked.
At least three of these accounts have been used to obtain costumes without payment.

We cannot stress enough the importance of getting payment before sending a costume out for a fitting. It is too easy for a new member to join, post a whole slew of comments on the For Sale boards and get a costume (or three, or five) sent out, using false information.

If you sent a costume to any of these members, please go to the police.

Helen and the mod squad

42 Replies to bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned

re: bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned
By angiegibbons7 Comments: 239, member since Tue Mar 29, 2005
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:22 AM
Hi can you say if all these suits been sent to the same address.
Thanx Angie
By welshsupreme Comments: 123, member since Sun Apr 04, 2004
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:37 AM
hi there my costume have been sent out to leister where did yours get sent to
love katie-joe
i sent mine to sylviacloset x x x
By star_dancer_x Comments: 239, member since Fri Mar 23, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:40 AM
Hi, i also sent my costume out to sylviacloset in leicester, posing as chantels dance academy. love jemma xx
By xoxlevixoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 943, member since Mon May 16, 2005
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:48 AM
Hi

I sent mine out to bluexxpink to an address in southall middlesex, I have just contacted the police in middlesex i am now waiting for the fraud squad to get back to me

Wendy
By moosey72member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 170, member since Wed Dec 26, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 06:14 AM
I will be going to the police shortly

Comment #8989495 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-04-27 07:00:33 Double post

By jade07 Comments: 703, member since Mon Aug 13, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 06:49 AM
We sent 2 to sylvia closet got a women on phone saying the women in flat who is soppossed to be sylvia closet has left . She says she owes her 100 pound to and has been using her phone she said she signed for a package for her then changed her mind we think this is her ihave contacted the police to speed things along ALL CONTACT WIGSTON POLICE STATION LEICSTER
By demijomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5469, member since Tue Aug 12, 2003
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 06:54 AM
hiya

oh no i sent dj's one to sylviacloset
if you see it please let me know

Debra
x
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 06:59 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-04-27 07:02:02 more
It appears that up to ten and possibly even more costumes have been appropriated.

If you have not yet contacted the police and have sent costumes out, please do so as soon as possible. The longer it takes, the more likely your costumes will never be seen by you again.

Helen
By sarah_jayne Comments: 1855, member since Sat Nov 06, 2004
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 07:37 AM
Edited by sarah_jayne (112148) on 2010-04-27 07:38:33 spelling x
ooh .. i was so close to sending out to sammyjoe1994 ,but my sister checked her other comments and said she seemed really dodgy - asking for u10 -adult costumes , so we asked for ALL details (address , landline,mobile numbers) for both her and her dance teachers.

Then she said she already had a costume being posted out ,
BUT she still continued asking for more sending so we mod reported her !!

Thanks goodness we did cos i cannot imagine how many more people would have been in this awful situation !

Sarah xx
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 07:52 AM
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2010-04-27 07:56:22
Wow, that really bites...sucks that some people only care about themselves in the world.

My question is why do people send out expensive costumes to people they don't know without getting money? That's kind of...a little too trusting for this world, is it not?
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 07:56 AM
I've seen some members require a deposit to send out a costume for fitting. Providing the deposit is substantial (like 2/3s of the costumes value) then I feel this is a good idea and may help eliminate the theft problems.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 08:05 AM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2010-04-27 08:23:02
bluexxpink and extremegirl were requesting costumes to be sent to the same address, only one was was having people send to the name Vanessa and the other to the name Chantelle.

And when Helen got in touch with their dance school, the instructor of the school said that there were no girls there under either name, and that they didn't do competitions anyway, so she wouldn't have any students with a need to be online looking for costumes.

Helens done a pretty trememdous amount of footwork here. It's all really impressive.

I've seen some members require a deposit to send out a costume for fitting. Providing the deposit is substantial (like 2/3s of the costumes value) then I feel this is a good idea and may help eliminate the theft problems.

We've been BEGGING people to do that. It doesn't even have to be a huge deposit, just enough that it's gonna suck if you don't get the money back, you know? Some people are starting to take on the idea, some are still kind of resistant to it. As evidenced that this person was able to get so many costumes so easily.
re: bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned (karma: 2)
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6305, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 09:26 AM
People in the disco world are just fart to trusting as it is a tight community they always expect to cross each others paths at least once.

In days gone by (not sure if it still happens as I don't attend competitions anymore) people would just hang costumes up on walls/rails with the persons name and a price on it and they never went wwalkabout.

It's a sad world we live in nowadays.

Helen
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 09:58 AM
I wouldn't send something out without at least a deposit. If it doesn't fit, then they can send it back and I'd refund their money. Small community or not, it just seems like bad business to send expensive items out without some money already in your hand.
By xoxlevixoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 943, member since Mon May 16, 2005
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 AM
I sent mine to bluexxpink in southall middlesex,
anyone who else needs to contact the police the number is 0207 230 1212, then ask to be put through to the southall middlesex police the more people who report it we might get it sorted out quicker, i am waiting for the fraud department to call me back
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 AM
It's a sad world we live in nowadays.

But it's the reality of the situation. Just because you're (in general, not you in particular) a trustworthy person who does right, doesn't mean everyone else is too.

And dishonesty and creepers have always been there, they've just got alot more outlets now than they used to.
By moosey72member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 170, member since Wed Dec 26, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 02:06 PM
Just been looking at the address in Leicester on google earth. It is a nice looking semi on the front is a caravan? It looks well caredfor, so lets hope the police get round there pretty quick !!

Comment #8991059 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2010-04-27 21:40:38 double post

By x_MeganLeese_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1110, member since Sun May 27, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 02:34 PM
Hi
Unfortunately I sent my friends suit out to Channtelle Extremegirl spoke to her before hand she seemed genuine. Spoke to phone for teacher obviously her number or a friend!! I had a festival at weekend so felt pressured to get it away before I left.
Thanks for advice.
Karen x
By BabyP Comments: 49, member since Wed Dec 12, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 02:50 PM
This really is awful I posted out my costume to Vanessa2 and am now awaiting my local police to attend. I appreciate the comments made about deposits first but even that can lead to abuse, whats to say peeps cash the cheque and then don't send costume!! Regretably I will now think twice about using the site. Realistically we can all kiss goodbye to our money and our costumes but the crime shouldn't go unreported. Good luck to everyone affected by this situation and remember there are good people out there!x
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 03:19 PM
I appreciate the comments made about deposits first but even that can lead to abuse, whats to say peeps cash the cheque and then don't send costume!!

I don't think you're understanding how the idea of a deposit works. However, even if someone cashes your check and never sends you out a costume, that's at least easier to sort out, because you have a paper trail.
By Shortgirl75member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 990, member since Thu Jul 31, 2008
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 04:22 PM
Throwing in a deposit and making all mailed transactions certified (somebody needs to sign for it) would make it a lot easier for both sides not to get screwed, or at least have the paper trail to back you up.
By BabyP Comments: 49, member since Wed Dec 12, 2007
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 05:32 PM
Understand just fine my love but most are sent special delivery with a signature plus the correspondence is recorded via email or messages so there's your trail. OK you may have their real name but end of day its still comes down to one persons word against the others and its more a matter for the civil court and lawyers don't come cheap! Hopefully in this case it can be found that these people have intentionally committed fraud and me along with the others can get some justice, so on that note I will keep my glass half full!
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch