Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 08:20 PM
If you have confirmation of the order, the intended sale of the order, the promise note, or some kind of proof that the person would pay, along with the mailing address... well, that's a form of contract.

IF they had paid, appropriately, there should be some proof of payment.. a canceled check, a credit card bill showing the item, a receipt. A receipt from a money order.

But, if they have NOTHING.

Also, if you can identify, on the costume, little details that only you know, well, that can help. Also, when YOU bought the costume, from whom you bought it, with proof of sale.

I hope that helps.

S.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 08:56 PM
If a deposit were done through paypal and the buyer did not recieve the goods than would they not be able to fight it?

I don't know how many of these issues we have in the irish dance world, but most that I have seen have required payment in advance of sending the dress.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue Apr 27, 2010 09:45 PM
I appreciate the comments made about deposits first but even that can lead to abuse, whats to say peeps cash the cheque and then don't send costume!

Try buying ANYTHING else on line especially something as expensive as disco costumes without paying for it first. You can't do that on ebay, Amazon, or any other website. Sure there are people who might not send a costume at times, but this ONE person managed to get 10 costumes that we know of. I have personally dealt with 8-10 other situations like this since January 1st. Ask me how many times in the 7 years I have been a moderator have I had to deal with someone not sending the merchandise? TWICE, and both times we got it resolved because we had dates the cheque was received, cashed, etc.

Try asking the people who request a deposit or full payment before sending out a costume if they have had this problem. Guess what? They haven't, because if you demand this all the people trying to scam you won't be able to.
re: bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned (karma: 1)
By welshsupreme Comments: 123, member since Sun Apr 04, 2004
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 04:56 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-07-23 02:53:59 netspeak is not permitted
hi my costume went out to sylviacloset in leister have contacted the police anyone else in the same situation please contact pc colesum at leicter police station on 01162486525 the sooner we all contact the sooner something will get done and hopefully get our costumes back
love
katie-joe x x x
By demijomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5469, member since Tue Aug 12, 2003
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:22 AM
hiya

^^^^^ Welshsupremme
thank you so much for this
this is the best info on here and very very nice helpful man!!!

please contact him

Debra
xxx
re: bluexxpink, extremegirl and others banned (karma: 1)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 AM
I'm just seagulling to say -

Leicester. LEICESTER.

Thankyou and goodnight.
By Rachel95member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 743, member since Thu Oct 14, 2004
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 01:33 PM
hey,
i sent two of my costumes to this woman. one to slyviacloset and the other the jojosammy. these costumes were lovely, and the money for them both was around £700, i am abasoultley gutted, my mom is phoning the police stations now, hopefully, i might see my costumes again soon...
By carlz2 Comments: 263, member since Thu Nov 13, 2003
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 02:04 PM
I ahve sent my costume two to slyviacloset worth £600. I will phone police now. I am so upset.
Nicola x
By moosey72member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 170, member since Wed Dec 26, 2007
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 03:10 PM
Just so you are all aware there is another post running where you can add a pic of your missing costume, It would be good if the mods could link them with these posts aswel?
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 09:49 PM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-04-28 22:47:15 added link
If all the members could please send the mods the addresses/contact details of the accounts to which you sent your costumes (except for that of bluexxpink/extremegirl and sylviacloset, which we already have), that would be a great help. If there were any other addresses involved, then these need to be supplied to the police for the investigation. Thanks.

Best way is just to mod-report this post with the details.

List your missing costumes here: www.dance.net . . .

Helen
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 PM
The address for jojosammy was different to the other two addresses. If you have already contacted the police, then please give them this new information. Contact Rachel95 for the address. You should give all addresses to the police, no matter which address you used.

Helen
By Harriet_Dancex Comments: 156, member since Fri Jan 11, 2008
On Sat May 01, 2010 07:57 AM
I have sent 2 of my FRIENDS costumes off to sylvia closet and that is £700 down the drain! what makes it worse is that I was lending a helping hand towards my friends and now this has happened? it's rediculous! I wondered why she was banned and I have left several messages on her answer phone I am going to report to police too. I thought she was dodgey when I started texting her and she claimed she was 14 and working from 7am-7pm! she also wanted more costumes ranging from U.16 champ/inter and U.10 starter claiming that it was for her "sisters" I am disgusted!
By demijomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5469, member since Tue Aug 12, 2003
On Sat May 08, 2010 03:11 PM
hiya

this message is for SYLVIASCLOSET

please take the costumes to the nearest post office or depot or even police staion in a bag and leave them!
i'm sure we will all pay our own postage just to have our costumes back!

Debra
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Sat May 08, 2010 03:24 PM
I just wanted to say with the deposit, at least here in canada, you can get the mail company to hold either the item or the check, which ever arrives first, until the other half comes. My brother did this. He mailed off a bike part worth $700 and the shipping company held it until the money arrived. If the money never arrives then they send you your item back.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat May 08, 2010 05:47 PM
^I've never heard of a postal service sanctioned system for doing it.

My boyfriend sells stuff on ebay all the time, and he would never fathom sending an item to someone without getting their payment first. And with paypal, someone can send you money that second. And he doesn't trade in items that are anywhere near the value you guys deal with!
By bettysue Comments: 806, member since Mon Oct 24, 2005
On Sun May 09, 2010 04:10 AM
OMG i have had sylviacloset glitterpink09 and extremgirl all asking me for costumes to be sent out i even spoke to syliviacloset on the phone but luckily she sounded very dodgy and i so i asked for full payment 1st which she refused to pay

thank god i did this it has saved me loosing 2 costumes both of which are sponsored costumes

jo x
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun May 09, 2010 09:50 AM
^^EXACTLY. People that are trying to scam people will not send a deposit at all. More than one person asked for a deposit or full payment and sylviacloset declined all those offers.
By bettysue Comments: 806, member since Mon Oct 24, 2005
On Mon May 10, 2010 09:16 AM
hi

just an idea as this is what i will now be doing from on

if you send your costumes to foxydancewear then they do everything for you with no worries about your costume going missing you pay them 20% but for that you have no postage costs to worry about, the costumes are all insured through the shop insurance, they get the best prices for them and pay you straight away.You ca have you costume for sale on there and still advertize your costume for sale o here then when some one wants to try it all they do s phone the shop and they get it posted right out to them. I will still be putting up my costumes on here but i will have them at the foxy shop so it takes all the worries out of selling plus my costume gets seen on here and on the foxy website so more chances of selling it

hope this helps the number for the shop is 01903 532161 and website is foxydancewear.co.uk its got to be safer

jo xxx
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch