Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Champs & Intermediate

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Read This If You Don't Want To Be Ripped Off!
By smurfymurfy Comments: 205, member since Fri Jun 05, 2009
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 01:15 PM
hi i'm very concerned, i have been in contact with at least 30 other freestyle dancers on different web pages. that all seem to be a victim of a certain person ( janemckenzie) DDN name. that seems to be asking for costumes then not returning ie stealing thease costumes from innocent dancers

please help us find this person
By TeaboyMick Comments: 2, member since Sun Apr 22, 2012
On Sun Apr 22, 2012 03:05 PM
This would be a brilliant idea as my daughter has just lost a costume to "Jane McKenzie" who gave so much info that it was treated as not being worth checking up! We are now down a potential £200 with no costume & have had to return a costume that she would have loved to own as we dont have those funds available. from now on we will only be selling costumes face to face!!!!
By TeaboyMick Comments: 2, member since Sun Apr 22, 2012
On Sun Apr 22, 2012 03:12 PM
My daughter is another unfortunate victim of this con-artist, having sent a costume, by special delivery, to her in East London. The info she supplied to us was that detailed that I did not bother to check! She even had the gall to inbox my daughter that she had received the costume but was away that weekend and would be letting her know if she would be keeping it on the following Monday!!! Yeah right. I have made a formal complaint to her local Police who are now investigating her
By blinx310 Comments: 20, member since Sun Apr 24, 2011
On Sun May 20, 2012 05:26 AM
this is a really dipicable act and just comes down to theft.What really annoys me is that the small minority spoil it for genuine people who want to try and buy these lovely costumes.
By jadens_funky_mum Comments: 41, member since Wed Jul 06, 2011
On Wed Jun 20, 2012 06:08 PM
Thank you for this information !!! I'm trying to become a full member so that I can advertise my daughter jadens costume on dance.net now I'll be more aware when I do eventually get to advertise it !!! x
By Julie_Charlotte Comments: 30, member since Sat Apr 28, 2012
On Sat Jul 21, 2012 08:49 PM
I'm new to this site and will remember this when I sell my costumes

Julie xx
By jadens_funky_mum Comments: 41, member since Wed Jul 06, 2011
On Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 AM
Thanks for this information I'm just about to advertise my daughters costume on this , this will help me as I'm new to dance net thanks x
By REEMalicous Comments: 21, member since Thu Sep 20, 2012
On Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 PM
Fully agree with the mods, deposit deposit deposit!!!

Don't sell anything online unless you have a minimum of 50% up front before posting, no one can rely on trust online xx
By Claireloulu Comments: 41, member since Tue Jun 12, 2012
On Sun Jan 06, 2013 06:25 AM
Hiya, I am new to the site, I joined in September, my daughter has read on it etc.. But I hadn't commented...and no I don't even on my FB lol. I am looking to buy a slow suit for my daughter as hers is getting too small.

I FULLY understand that people would want a deposit, however, the same concerns may rest that way also. Deposits may not get returned, delays etc..

I would guess the safest way would be to pay an admin buyer/seller fee, using your debit/credit card, also having a PayPal account linked to that bank card. So at least DDN could verify we are who we say, for buying/selling purposes at the very least.

So sorry for the dancers and their families! Is there a photo file of the stolen costumes? Surely, they will have to turn up somewhere?!
By Willow5 Comments: 13, member since Sat Sep 04, 2010
On Wed Jan 15, 2014 02:55 PM
I have several costumes to sell and am quite worried now! Is it acceptable to ask for the money before you send the costume out?
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Mon May 26, 2014 12:45 PM
That must be horrible to think you trust someone and then they keep it etc. The suits cost lots of money and it sure bet it helps towards the next one.
By DestinyV Comments: 1, member since Sun Aug 07, 2016
On Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:34 PM
Hi I'm new to dance net and I can't seem to reply 2 messages can any one help me out please xx
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch