Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

See my new car!!
By kandykanePremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 07:37 AM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2010-05-07 07:38:38

Yup she's mine!

Lol, til Monday, anyway. ;)

It's a rental. For daughter's prom. Grand dad will play chauffeur. And it's such a bargain, less than $100 for the whole weekend. Much better than a limo.

And I get to drive it all weekend!! This is how I get my 'new-car fix' without forking over the cash. :D

See ya later, going to pick her up now!

kk~

21 Replies to See my new car!!

re: See my new car!!
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 07:57 AM
Good deal! Is that a Charger?
On Fri May 07, 2010 08:58 AM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2010-05-07 09:11:36
Sorry, I forgot to include that info. Yes, it's a 2010 Charger. Fully loaded. Oh my, it was a rush driving home!

kk~
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 AM
OMG I was about to drive to the Dallas area and steal it!!! Haha! I found an... 08? I think? Dark gray, black leather interior, huge shiney rims, only 60,000 miles.... I wanted it so bad but I know I shouldn't buy a new car right now. So yeah, that's why I was about to come steal that one lol :D
By pondflyPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 AM
Oh, you'll love it. For some strange reason the gas gauge keeps dropping as fast as the speedometer goes :D

I've got the Magnum and I love the power, space, handling and I do get good fuel economy, but I don't have the V8.
On Fri May 07, 2010 06:54 PM
^ Lol, I've noticed that about the gas!

I took it to the lake today. What a great ride! It's probably a good thing it isn't really mine. Speeding tickets might get pretty expensive! :D

kk~
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 07:42 PM
Oh my gosh!

I love that. My brother-in-laws brother has a BMW Z4 Roadstar with custom read leather interior. They were all going away together one weekend in his ute, and so dad got to 'baby-sit' the BMW for the weekend.

I've never seen the man so happy. LOL.
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 07:51 PM
:] :D Oh, man! I am SOOo thinking road trip!!

Don't get too attached to it.. just savor each moment!

Nice wheels! Good reasonable price!

Kandy is on the Kane, in the Lane!!

:) :D

Shadow.
By pondflyPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 08:00 PM
kandykane wrote:

^ Lol, I've noticed that about the gas!

I took it to the lake today. What a great ride! It's probably a good thing it isn't really mine. Speeding tickets might get pretty expensive! :D

kk~

I was lucky one day. I opened up my Magnum and had it up to 115 and let off the pedal. Good thing as there was a wolf pack and got nailed probably for doing about 75, but as soon as he saw my badge and that I was his tactical support he let me go.
On Fri May 07, 2010 09:06 PM
^ Lol, that's great! Badges do come in handy. My aunt, the widow of my policeman uncle has a license plate with his badge on it, the kind for widows of fallen officers. She is a speed demon and she NEVER gets stopped because of that plate.

kk~
By RawrRose
On Sat May 08, 2010 01:18 AM
My mom was in between cars for about a month in 2007, and one of the cars she had was a charger. It was pretty nice - I don't like the way they look on the outside, but the inside was very comfy. I think it was my favorite of the four or five cars she had rented.

I wish I could drive a rented car to my prom. Though I guess I have a new car (my baby is less than a year old) so it's about the equivalent to renting a new car. I also wish I'd get a chauffeur!

Hope your daughter has a great time! And I hope you enjoy driving it!!
By LittleOdette
On Sat May 08, 2010 07:58 AM
That's awesome! :D I hope your daughter has a great prom, :)
By pondflyPremium member
On Sat May 08, 2010 08:32 PM
Prom for me was picking her up in my '85 Chevy Citation and off we went.

Yes, this is what we call quality cars. (not mine but a good representation)
upload.wikimedia.org . . .
On Sat May 08, 2010 10:50 PM
^ LOL!! I have driven a few cars that looked similar to that!

Prom tonight was great, according to daughter. All the preparations went smoothly, the arrival was lovely, it's a real Red Carpet event! They were the only Charger in the lineup.

First prize went to a 1926 antique firetruck, similar to this one in the pic. Thought you might appreciate that, pondfly. My favorites were a tie between a red '70 Chevelle and a blue and white '65 Cobra. Or the Segways, that was a hoot.

kk~
By pondflyPremium member
On Sun May 09, 2010 05:12 PM
Actually I used to drive a '32 engine. I was the only one who knew how to pump and only three of us knew how to drive it. Granted it was a parade vehicle but it still worked.

I did drive an old '59 for brush fires and it took a special talent to operate it. You really learned how to triple clutch very quickly.
On Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 AM
Well, I took it back this morning. *sigh*. It would be very tempting to own but not when I saw the MSRP of around $35K USD. :O BIG ouch!!

My old car seems very dirty after driving that shiny, new Charger all weekend. Time to give it a bath! :P

I had fun, though. And I may rent one again this summer for an upcoming trip.

kk~
By Euphoriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 10, 2010 02:00 PM
Ooh, Shiny!

I will confess, I have no idea what a charger is. Your American cars all look so different to the ones we have here in the UK.
By pondflyPremium member
On Mon May 10, 2010 10:18 PM
The Charger is a rebirth of a 60's muscle car. We're currently in a resurgence of muscle cars back in the 60's-70's changed slightly to the modern society.

Smaller but more powerful engines, better economy, handling, amenities and other things.
Right off the top of my head- Dodge has the Charger, Magnum (discontinued), Challenger (nice ride).
Chevy has the Corvette anniversary, Camaro, Caprice (next year release).
Ford has the Mustang.

For reference here is the link for the Charger www.dodge.com . . .
On Tue May 11, 2010 07:20 AM
I have seen the new Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and Challengers. It does seem like we're having that rebirth of muscle cars.

Truthfully, I really am a little small for the Charger. It had a bad blind spot, even when I set the seat really high. And then I felt like I was in a booster seat, lol.

Awesome car, though. It was nice to play with. It's been a while since I drove a V8. The power just can't compare!

I console myself with the fact that I found a not too old silver Grand Am that I'm buying today. (You may recall, my daughter burnt up the motor in her Sunfire last week) The Grand Am's in good shape and a good price. Sadly, I'm selling my old Firebird to pay for it. That pinched a little, but it's a standard transmission and I have developed some problems with my right arm (carpal tunnel, tendonitis, pinched nerve or something that has made driving the standard kind of painful) so I guess it's for the best. :?

kk~
On Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 PM
^ Grand Am fell through. It might be 2000 Blazer that's still in very good condition with less than 100K miles on it.

kk~
By rosalinde
On Thu May 20, 2010 06:55 AM
I rented a Porsche 911 Carrera convertible for prom two years ago (I was one of the teachers BTW, not one of the students) -- oh my God, it was such a let-down when I had to hand it back and get behind the wheel of my old Diesel-fueled sedan ... I swear my own car couldn't even move compared to the Porsche.
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 22, 2010 08:44 PM
Oooh, Ive been in a Charger before. I felt so fancy :O

ReplySendWatch