Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Nissian Micra R reg. PLEASE ADVISE ME!
By Jodee_babesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 08:06 AM

Hey,

So someone is selling a Nissian Micra.

Its taxd til October and MOT til April 2011!

Its in great condition only one seat stain.

Its the basic model.

96000 Miles.

They are asking £575 for it :)

What is everyones opinions on it?

Also it doesnt have power steering will it be easy to drive lol?

<3

3 Replies to Nissian Micra R reg. PLEASE ADVISE ME!

re: Nissian Micra R reg. PLEASE ADVISE ME!
By Supergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 07, 2010 11:39 AM
Hi Jodie,
Is this your first car?
The car looks like a pretty good deal.
Mileage is average for its age, so could be better and could be worse.
what litre engine is it? and how much is your insurance? One tip would be to be realistic with the price of the car that you provide in the quote. The cheaper you say the car is the lower your premium.

Tax and MOT is always better when it is going to last you a long time. The power steering won't really be an issue. I was really worried about being insured on my BF's car which didn't have power steering and it was fine. Don't get me wrong if you are used to driving an instructors brand new learner car, you will find it a bit tricky at first- but within a few months you'll forget that it isn't power assisted.
Personally I think that you can get a car with lower mileage and possibly in better condition for the price where i live, but i guess this depends what kind of websites and advertising you have in your area and how far you are willing to travel to purchase a car.
I am a bit of a car freak as you can tell, if you want any other advice or have questions just PM me!

Good Luck
Lauren
By rosalinde
On Thu May 20, 2010 06:57 AM
My first car didn't have power steering -- it took me all of 15 minutes to get used to it! When you're going over 50 mph (roughly) powersteering doesn't even work anymore, and it's a good work out! :P
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 20, 2010 07:11 AM
Go on Autotrader website, put in the details of the car and check out the average price for similar cars with similar mileage, etc.

It seems like a decent deal from what you've said but check out autotrader and you'll find out for sure.

MOOM

ReplySendWatch