Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Need Information About Bolshoi Pointe Shoes Circa 1980
By veera
On Mon May 10, 2010 11:19 AM

I am looking for information about the Bolshoi pointe shoes that were created for the dancers of the Bolshoi Theater back in the 1980's. The pointe shoes are stamped "made in Russia" and "Bolshoi" on the sole. I am new member and cant upload photos as of yet. I have tried contacting the Bolshoi Theater directly, but have yet to get a response. Does anyone know anything about this brand of pointe shoe? Any information would be much appreciated.

6 Replies to Need Information About Bolshoi Pointe Shoes Circa 1980

re: Need Information About Bolshoi Pointe Shoes Circa 1980
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Mon May 10, 2010 02:07 PM
pointeshoeinfo.forumcircle.com . . .

Here are some photos. Not sure how much info is on this link. Couldn't find anything except perhaps that "Russian Pointe" is probably what the Bolshoi shoes are now called...perhaps...
By veera
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 AM
Thank you. Finding any info has a been really, really tough....
By dans_e
On Thu Jul 01, 2010 04:00 PM
I used to wear those. Many theatres in eastern Europe had in-house makers so the style is somewhat similar around different theatres. I may have still some bolshoi ones in a box somewhere.
What type of information can I maybe help you with?
By odile53
On Sun Jul 04, 2010 06:17 AM
Maybe this is what they are?

www.the-perfect-pointe.com . . .

Are the markings in Russian? I don't think, in 1980, that much would have been produced for export to the West!
By pintveld811
On Wed Jul 28, 2010 08:38 PM
These shoes must have been made in the Bolshoi Theatre. My teachers used to have a big bag of left overs from there time at the Bolshoi. Each dancer would have shoes made for them, if for some reason they didn't like that shoe or it came out slightly too large or too small, things like that they wouldn't get used. A dancer who danced with the Bolshoi must have brought them over and you were lucky enough to find them. I danced in shoes from the Bolshoi Theatre for many years, it was hard to switch to manufactured shoes, but I find the Russian Pointe brand... or R-Class shoes from Eurpoe to be the closest to the cobblers from the Bolshoi. Hope this helps!
By hunyak
On Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 PM
I used to dance wuth the Bolshoi ballet and I wore the shoes that your are asking about what do you want to know you can email me at hunyakchet@yahoo.com that would be easyer for me

ReplySendWatch