Forum: General / Modern / Praise/Liturgical

Praise/Liturgical
If the Church Doesn't Except Your Gift?
By LivingSoulDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 297, member since Thu Oct 21, 2004
On Tue May 11, 2010 08:15 PM

I wanted to start this dialog with other Liturgical dancers because I know I am not the only one who has suffered through rejection. Many of us have gone through different levels of rejection by our churches where the ministry of dance is concern. But, the Bible says in Proverbs 18:16 "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men." KJV

What if this is not happening for you?
Is it because of you are not ready; or, are you in the wrong place? Is it because your church isn't ready for want you want to give? What season are you in? How can you discern the seasons of your life?

What are your thoughts?
I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Blessings,
Min. R

1 Replies to If the Church Doesn't Except Your Gift?

re: If the Church Doesn't Except Your Gift?
By VJRBallet Comments: 20, member since Wed Oct 15, 2003
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 06:59 AM
It is important to realize that the church must look at the whole picture. Dance in church is difficult to control even in the best of situations. As well, so is the vast range of what people consider acceptable. As a former modern dancer, I come to church dance with a different mindset than someone who was a cheerleader in high school and wants to share their gift.

With one's dancing in church, you have to be careful to present oneself in a manner that respects the mom with small children present and the elderly grandmom and also protect the fact that not everyone in church is completely healed. Therefore, the church has to look out for it's best interest in that regard.

I've seen some amazing liturgical dancers and some amazing dance ministries. I have also seen some that I wonder what church like there is in their dancing. Education to your church about the type of actual movement you will do might help you.

ReplySendWatch