Forum: USA / USA - LA

Aussies in LA in July
By Jenerator
On Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 AM

We are based in Melbourne, Australia. Our dance studio has arranged for a troupe of girls (plus one boy) to travel to Los Angeles next July, to perform at Disneyland, California Adventure and Universal Studios, as well as attend dance performance workshops at The Edge and at Disney.
Hubby and I are among the parents who are travelling with the girls. Daughter and I are staying on a few days after the tour finishes so that we can catch ABT Sleeping Beauty at Dorothy Chandler.
Wondering if anyone can recommend any casual dance classes either for daughter (who will be turning 15 on the day they march in the Main Street parade at Disney!) (ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical styles etc) or for me (ballet, but not pointe, not quite a beginner, have been dancing 1-2 classes a week for 4-5 years now)?
Also can anyone recommend dancewear stores - looking in particular for aubergine/eggplant colour leotards as this is the new "senior" uniform colour!
Thanks!
Jen in Oz

1 Replies to Aussies in LA in July

re: Aussies in LA in July
By SuperShai
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 04:53 PM
I'm an aussie dance teacher heading over there soon and looking to visit some schools and do some casual classes too. Will let you know what I find.

ReplySendWatch