Forum: Advice / Guys Only

Guys Only
Short unitard instead of tights?
By EdLives Comments: 2, member since Sat May 15, 2010
On Sat May 15, 2010 06:25 AM

Hi!
I have recently been to a class with the Australian Ballet and noticed a majority of the male dancers were wearing thigh high (or low...?) unitards on. I really liked this look so I was just wondering have you ever worn a short unitard to class with a tee over the top (I'm not very keen on just wearing the unitard alone) because I am kind of over the feel of full and footless long tights because they feel to clunky and when I wear shorts I feel I can dance better in them. Also do you think it is easier to wear a unitard or just tights because I find I have to pull my tights up a lot and this gets in the way of me dancing.
Thanks! Ed.

2 Replies to Short unitard instead of tights?

re: Short unitard instead of tights?
By yostretch Comments: 145, member since Sat Jan 26, 2008
On Mon May 24, 2010 10:50 AM
Keep in mind you were watching professional who put on dance clothes every day for a long time...but I loved wearing a bike untiard when i was dancing more than tight or shorts just because once it was on it really did not move.....
re: Short unitard instead of tights?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 PM
This sort of question really perplexes me. You need to be able to dance in tights AND in a unitard. Because dancers do not generally get to choose their own costumes. If your tights interfere with your dancing, something is wrong with your tights.

But yes, I used to wear biketards and singlets back in the 80s and 90s. Sometimes, I wore them over tights. But usually without a shirt since most of my dance teachers didn't let us wear t-shirts.

ReplySendWatch