Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

I bought a new car!!
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 29, 2010 06:39 PM

So, I had a 2003 Dodge Neon for a couple of years... and last week the day of our rehersal for the studio-- it completely crapped out. As in, I got into the car... tried to start it... and nada, zip, crap! I left the car there overnight, thinking that because my hood was lifted (from an accident I had over the winter :(), that the rain from that day must've gotten something wet. I let it dry out in the nice 80 degree heat we've been experiencing here in New Hampshire.

Well, I tried to start the car the next day... and still nothing. I had AAA tow the car to my parent's house to have them look at it and had to borrow my fiance's 1993 Plymouth Acclaim for a week and a half. I drive 45 minutes to work and 45 minutes back everyday... the Acclaim KILLED me on gas completely. It was awful. The Neon got looked at by a nearby garage, and it was going to cost $1500 to fix... it needed a new motor. Eff that. The piece of crap wasn't worth it by far. My parents decided it was time to look into a new car.

I started looking online, and figuring out what I could get for cheap that was as new as possible. I found out that the Nissan Versa was only $9990 for the sedan to start. Okay, I can handle that kind of payment.

We went to the dealership today, and found a 2008 Nissan Versa HATCHBACK, which was the one I *really* liked over the sedan for $12,800. Eh, a little high-- can't really afford it. I test drove it, and was completely in love. We went next door to the new car lot of the same dealer, and brand new Versa Hatchbacks were starting at $16000 at least. Yuck! No way!

My dad ended up talking the dealer down to $11000 on the 2008 Versa... and we got it! I put $2000 down, and have relatively low payments, and relatively low insurance rates as well. And finally, I have my first car that won't completely crap out on me! My first two cars we bought off the owners for really cheap. My first car cost $50... yep, $50. A 1996 Plymouth Voyager. My second was $2500 for a 2003 Dodge Neon.

Now, I have an adorable little Nissan Versa Hatchback! I am so super pumped. I drove it off the lot today, and got to drive it all around going from the city I live in where we bought it, to the city my parents live in, and back home again. It's so nice not worrying about wasting gas in the Plymouth. And my fiance has his car back, so he's pretty pumped about that too.

Now... she just needs a name. I have one in mind, but I wanna see what you guys think.

Oh, and the picture is my actual car. I got it off the dealer's website. I looked online for a picture, but my car has silver trim around the doors on the sides-- so none of them really looked like mine even if they were the same color.

6 Replies to I bought a new car!!

re: I bought a new car!!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 01:08 PM
Isn't having a new car awesome? I got mine in March and I'm totally in love. She was exactly what I wanted even down to the model year. Have you named her yet?
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 02:05 PM
I haven't named her yet. :(

My BFF just bought a new car that is also red-- so I told her we should seriously consider naming our cars "Tweedledee" and "Tweedledum".
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 09:07 PM
"Vice" as in Vice-Versa

Jon
By Orangesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 09:25 PM
Too cute, I love Nissans. I just bought a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe. My first car was a 2000 Altima.

I need a name for my car too, haven't thought of one. I like what Jon said.
On Thu Jun 03, 2010 08:32 AM
Jon, you rock. Haha-- that's the best idea I've gotten so far. I believe she shall be named "Vice" from now on.
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 07:51 AM
Cute car!!! I've been wondering about those. And a Nissan too! Those will run forever! Congrats :D

ReplySendWatch