Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Competition Results

Jazz - Competition Results
I am so proud
By dancergirl3686 Comments: 207, member since Sun Nov 01, 2009
On Mon May 31, 2010 08:00 PM

Hello everyone! My competition season has been amazing! I am not in a studio as of now. I was in one this past year, but they don't compete. I have only ever been to one local competition before this year. I built up the nerve to compete independently. I have no where near the best technique since I have taught myself all of the more difficult tricks I know, since my former dance teacher would rather focus on the recital dance and I only took 2 hours a week. My first competition was Headliners in Woodbridge, VA, since I live in PA it was a pretty long drive. It was just me and my mom. I entered two solos recreationally and got high silver for both, but my lyrical was 1 point away from gold!! LOL- I should also mention that I picked out the song, costume, and choreographed them myself. I really enjoyed Headliners! All the staff was nice especially Chris and his wife, they really made my nerves go away, well at least for awhile...My next competition was my favorite! It was Beyond the Stars in Somerset, NJ, a 4 and a half hour drive! I competed under competitive student choreography and competitive lyrical. I took the lyrical dance I did at Headliners and a new contemporary dance under student choreography. I got a gold for lyrical and a high gold and special award for "Excellent Expression" for my other dance! The people there are sooooo nice! During awards I was sitting in the corner of the stage all by myself while everyone else was up dancing. The one owner (I forget her name) invited me to come sit my the trophies with her and she talked to me. It was very nice of her to do that since she knew I wasn't used to competitions. I went to the local competition again and got second in jazz and tap and first in lyrical! My next competition was my least favorite by far! It was Ticket To Broadway in Lawrenceville, NJ. The staff was snobby and rude and they were NOT organized!I took the dances I took to Beyond the Stars and got gold and high gold...again...lol..I am definetly not going back there.
This summer I am attending Headliners Nationals in Rhode Island (8-9 hour drive) and Beyond the Stars in Cape May, NJ (5 hour drive). I never go anywhere close to where I live. Just going to the few competitions I have attended I have learned so much. I love performing and driving to all of these places for the weekend give my mom and I precious bonding time :)

6 Replies to I am so proud

re: I am so proud
By footundeez Comments: 72, member since Fri Feb 26, 2010
On Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 AM
congrats! and goodluck at nationals, you'll be right near my house!
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 06:30 PM
Thank you!
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 07:15 PM
Well done and good luck for your nationals.
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 429, member since Fri Apr 30, 2010
On Mon Jun 14, 2010 03:26 AM
Congratulations! Good luck and HAVE FUN at Nationals! :)
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 PM
Thanks! I will make sure to have bunches of fun!
By katiee_dancer Comments: 50, member since Wed Feb 10, 2010
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:45 PM
Congrats! What an achievement, good luck to you!

ReplySendWatch