Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

my little friend is mia...oiy
By Mysticalldancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 01:44 AM

hey, sooo my period is MIA and i'm kind of starting to freak. i know i should have gone to the gyno but i cant afford to until the end of next week when i get paid, and planned parenthood is only opened at times when i'm not able to go because of work....so here's the deal, back around march 18th or so i had sex with my ex. that day was either the first or second day of my sugar pill, and i was just starting my period like 2hours before i hung out with him. regardless of if i am on birth control or not we ALWAYS use condoms and unless the condom had some small unnoticeable hole in it, it didnt break or come off or anything like that. Around April 18th i got my period as normal which i was kinda surprised about since i also stopped taking my birth control after the period i got in march since i cant afford to pay the $80 a month, and i never got around to scheduling a gyno exam to get a new prescription because me and the ex started fighting a few weeks after we hooked up again....but anyways normally when i stop my birth control the first month after its a few days late. that period gave me bad cramps like normal but it didnt last as long as normal so a few days after my period i took a pregnancy test for the heck of it...it said negative.

so then around the beginning of may i lost track of the time of the month (i'm lost with out my phone) and took another test which said negative. then my phone got fixed and i realized that i wasnt due to have my monthly friend until around the 18th (give or take a few days). well now it's june 1st and my little friend never showed up. and now im freaking. i took a test yesterday (different brand than the other ones) and it said negative and i'm gonna take one in the am again.

i had some cramps and bloating around when i thought i was gonna get it, which lasted maybe two days. i have been exercising a TON in the last 3+ weeks, and the only thing stressing me out right now is the fact that i dont have my period yet.

so apart from the fact that i need to go to a doctors as soon as i can does anyone have any ideas of why my period is MIA? exercising has never affected it in the past, as far as it not showing up at all...if anything it only would last for 4 days instead of longer.

7 Replies to my little friend is mia...oiy

re: my little friend is mia...oiy
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 07:33 AM
Because you are freaking. lol

I wouldn't worry about being pregnant. Drink a nice relaxing cup of tea, and curl up with a book and stop thinking about it. It will come. lol
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 07:58 AM
Not to scare you but I got 2 negatives before I finally got a positive.
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 09:42 AM
If you were on birth control and then you stopped taking it, it can make your period do all sorts of odd things especially if you were irregular before going on BC. I would go o Planned Parenthood when you can and ask them if they have cheaper birth control options....$80?!?!
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 01, 2010 01:54 PM
I was two (maybe three?) weeks late once, and it had to be the stress of me worrying about my period. Stop stressing, it'll come.
By Mysticalldancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 01:47 AM
ugh i know i'm trying to stop stressing cause i know that it'll make it worse...but that's easier said than done!

^LlamaLlamaDuck, my friend had 2 negative's too before she found out, which is why im still freaking, but i did get my period in april, i just missed may (i havent had sex since march)...so you would think that all those negative test results i got + the fact that i did get my period in april would mean something right? plus i have been getting some little cramps off and on...

ugh waiting till wed to go to the doctors is gonna kill me
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 02:03 AM
Okay, first of all, you need to calm down. Whether you are or not pregnant, all of this worrying is not going to help. Seriously. Take a moment to just relax, listen to your breath and let your mind stop spinning.

Secondly, I think there's a good chance that your incessant worrying as well as your hormones being messed up from going off bc, is causing your period to be late.

If you had concieved a child two months ago, I'm pretty sure that one of the tests you took would've been positive. But sure there is a small chance that you're pregnant, but the fact that you were on BC AND using a condom, and had a period makes it extremely unlikely.
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 07:49 AM
Edited by Reidfidleir (74759) on 2010-06-04 07:50:12
Going off BC wacks you out BIG time!!!!!! After I stopped I had one normal period, and the next cycle was 51 days long. I freaked too because I'm married (not that a baby would be a bad thing) so we obviously are ya know, and plus the fact that I stopped BC and only use condoms.
Next one was also long. I only got negative tests, but also thought about the fact that some people get negatives and are pregnant.
Even went to PP to do their pee test, and that was also negative.

Don't worry too much. I've been there, and it was very stressful, but it all worked out in the end!

At least people's comments on your thread have been understanding and kind. When I posted mine I felt like I was beaten with clubs by some members. Only one or two ha practical advice.

ReplySendWatch