Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Not dance related, but.....
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 06:04 PM

I just had to announced that after five years of university, I will officially be finished my Bachelor of Education program tomorrow!!! :) I received my BA (four year arts degree) in English and Psychology last year, and was in a CRAZY intensive program this year. Graduation is in July, and I will be applying for certification when marks come in, and then I will be an elementary teacher!!

And of course, I will now be an elementary teacher who is pumped about getting back into dancing! I feel a bit lost now that I'm not a student but someone looking for work, but I feel like my Dad would be so proud of me if he were here, and I am very proud of myself for pushing on in spite of losing him during my second year of my BA when I was 18. I'm now hoping to start tutoring at a local, well-respected facility (after a summer off of course!!), and also get back into teaching dance and dancing myself. My goal is to get to prelim (two more firsts left!), and go to the 2011 Oireachtas. During this year I'm also hoping to visit my sponsor child in India! Then I'd love to teach in Australia the year after this! :)

Anywho....this is very long, and kind of my whole life story, but even though it wasn't Irish dance related, per say, I still wanted to share. What can I say......I'm a dreamer! :)

10 Replies to Not dance related, but.....

re: Not dance related, but.....
By Sweet_Annabelle
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 07:01 PM
Congratulations! That is so exciting!! Good luck with job search and getting back into dancing. I'm sure you've missed it a lot.
By treblejiggernaut
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 08:46 PM
Congratulations! That is so wonderful, what a great achievement.

Best of luck finding a job.
By irish_papillon
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 09:27 PM
Huge congratulations! I also just finished up earning certification, so I know the intense amount of time and effort required. Also, I know the sacrifices in time away from dance it takes. I hope that your job prospects are better than they are here in the states, and that you find a job soon!
By onegirlbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 09, 2010 09:47 PM
Congratulations! I finished my 6 year Bachelor degree last year, and boy was it a relief to be done school! Good luck with your dancing goals!
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 06:43 AM
Well, there are over 500 people on the supply list here in my district, and they went from hiring 76 new teachers to hiring 26 new teachers this past year. So job prospects aren't good, but I want to take a year "off" anyways, and just tutor a few days a week, dance and travel. One day at a time is my motto that has gotten me this far, so I'll keep saying it! :)
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 07:28 AM
Congratulations, and best of success with the job-finding!
By Nona_Premium member
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 07:33 AM
From BA English and Psych graduate to another CONGRATULATIONS!! Its a difficult combination but a very enjoyable one, good luck for the future.
By slip_jig_chick
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 08:29 AM
Yay! Congratulations! Wow, that's a lot of college... huge congrats to you!!!!!!
By brackengirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 01:21 PM
that is so amazing celticfeet! Congratulations!!
By irishdanceislife
On Thu Jun 10, 2010 03:32 PM
Congratulations and good luck getting on your feet in the buisiness world! Good luck getting back into dance!

ReplySendWatch