Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Drive Test help :/
By xxballerinaaxx
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 PM

hey!

I'm 16 and a hlaf and ive had my permit for eleven months. I'm pretty good driver but I've failed the test twice. The first time i just made too many wide turns and today i made a CDE, i crossed a double yellow, but thats really because i was SO nervous today, and the road sucked. Like, the paint was fading and the road had holes. I'm taking it AGAIN in two weeks and I NEED to pass or else...

Do you have any tips for nerves/drive test/driving in general?

Thank you SO much,
Erin :D

3 Replies to Drive Test help :/

re: Drive Test help :/
By Spiorad
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 07:49 AM
As your parents to take you to an empty parking lot or just an open range and set up a mini track. Places where you have to do certain things and just keep practicing and practicing. I say go with your parents because they will be able to see whats going on better then you. And since you wont be out on an actual road you wont be nervous.

When you are comfortable with that start driving on back streets. Through neighborhoods etc. Then progress to more populated streets. Take it a little at a time.

Good luck!
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 08:34 AM
Practice more before you take the test again. If you're that nervous, you aren't ready...I'm not saying that to be mean or anything, so don't take it that way! When I took the test, I didn't treat it as a big deal and it was fine despite the fact that it was pouring rain and the curb where I had to parallel park was mostly underwater.
By rosalinde
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 03:08 AM
It sounds as though you may not really be ready for it. When I took my test the second time, I was so much less nervous, because my instructor had reassured me that I was ready for my driver's licence.
I'd say, ask someone (or multiple someones really) to drive with you, and get some serious miles under your belt. You shouldn't even be worried about things like faded double yellow lines when you're ready to drive by yourself.

ReplySendWatch