Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - General

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
How far do you travel to your dance studio??
By dancergirl3686
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:57 PM

Hey guys! I was just wondering how far you travel to your dance studio. It seems like all of the award winning dance studios are like 2 hours away from me, so I have to go to an alright one that is 45 min away. Its sooo frustrating!

46 Replies to How far do you travel to your dance studio??

re: How far do you travel to your dance studio??
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:30 PM
I travel 15minutes :D In the past I have travelled anywhere from 45 mins to 6 hours for dance class (I only used to go for weekend classes when I travelled 6 hours) but I realised pretty soon that travelling that far all the time was affecting my health and therefore my dancing. The studio I'm at now isn't 'award winning' but we work hard and have fun.
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 PM
I'm super lucky, because my studio is actually about three minutes from my house, and within biking distance. :D It's not award winning, because it's relatively new and we don't compete yet, but the teachers are amazing and many of the graduates have gone on to do amazing things as far as dance goes.
By T_Dance_Girl
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 08:12 AM
I have only gone to one studio since I was little, it's the only one in my town now that the other one closed. It's only about a 5-10 minute drive depending on traffic. We do compete but on a much lighter scale because we are not geared completely towards competing (only about 2 comps I go to possibly 3 then people take solos, duets etc. to others). I really enjoy my studio because en=veryone has different talents and we learn at a good steady pace since we follow a syllabus.

Wow its kind of long. lol
By k_naasty
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 01:49 PM
I drive about 15 minutes if there's alot of traffic and stuff, but if there's no traffic then I get there in about 10 minutes , not really that far so im lucky (:
By DianeChaChaha
On Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 AM
I live in such a teeny little island so I can get to any dance sudio with a maximum of 40 min, but the one I go to is 6 minutes driving. It's one of the better studios in my country, but where I live there isn't much about dance :(
By SinatraAngel
On Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:56 AM
I travel a half hour to my dance studio. It's not highly award winning or enormous but we do alright. One of my teachers travels 3 hours every Friday to a really good studio by the beach.
By madisonmay87
On Fri Jun 18, 2010 08:53 AM
I driv about 30-40 minutes to my dance studio.... I used to drive 20 to my old dance studio. and I go to an AMAZING studio that competes!!! So we get a bunch of awards!!!! (((( : (not to brag)
By Merle1
On Fri Jun 18, 2010 09:05 AM
Well, I'm spoiled because I live right around the corner of my studio. And I mean right around the corner. It's a 1 minute walk.
It's a local studio, but I love it. I'm there for 14 years now.

For the other studio (for additional/ occasional lessons) I travel for 1 to 1,5 hour to antoher city. Sometimes that's a reason for not going.
By katiee_dancer
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:36 PM
Between 45 mins and an hour away, depending on the traffic. It's quite the ride and pretty annoying, especially since I usually have to leave for dance right from school, but it's definately worth the drive. (:
By lvd
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:36 AM
5-10 minutes, it's very close.
By lvd
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 AM
Edited by lvd (223611) on 2010-06-24 10:40:02
5-10 minutes, it's very close. We are lucky that we live in an area with quite a few dance studios along with a variety of dance styles.
By peachygirl90
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 03:17 PM
2 minutes or about .5 miles
By BgirlDoesBallet
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 06:27 PM
I dance at three different studios. One is 15-20 minutes away, another is 25-30 minutes away, and the third is about two hours away. I only go to that one on the weekends, and I carpool with two of my teachers because we all live near each other--it makes the drive go by much more quickly.
By dancinggirl6member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 05, 2010 08:52 PM
I travel 30 minutes, and I absolutely LOVE my studio! I've got fantastic teachers, and am a member of a fairly strong competitive team. It's a fairly new school so it's getting stronger and stronger :) I could not imagine going anywhere else!
By veganwarriormember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 06, 2010 05:24 PM
I've been to three different studios. They are all around 15-20 minutes away. There are probably 5 or 6 studios in my area that are 20ish minutes away. After that it jumps up to 30-45 mins away and my mom won't drive me that far unless the classes are free =)! I'm so jealous of you guys who live like 5 minutes away from your studio. I always thought it would be awesome to be able to walk/bike to dance. Then I'd be able to get more lessons because of "all the money we're saving on gas". =D
By OEPdanceislife
On Thu Jul 22, 2010 08:26 PM
Well when I was younger I went to a really good studio about 30 minutes away,but then my mom said it was messing with her scheduale, so I switched to one like 10 minutes away and it is NOWHERE near as good
By gymn2danz
On Tue Jul 27, 2010 02:32 PM
My studio is 7 minutes away, and the award-winning studio is also seven minutes away, but it's really expensive, so I don't go to that one.
By CDAdancerA
On Sat Aug 07, 2010 09:45 AM
I have gone to my studio since I was really young and I love it there. Lucky for me its like 5-8 minutes away but I know some people that travel 40 minutes to get to there classes.
By Ladanse
On Sat Aug 07, 2010 06:09 PM
I travel about 10 minutes by car to get to mine! Its a fairly good studio, but i'm just dancing recreationally!
By roomx7609
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 05:41 PM
My studio is literally 5 minutes from my house by car. It's amazing.
There is a "Rival" studio an hour away and a bunch of traitors from my studio take class there. But who has TWO HOURS to commute to dance and back on a school night, and a person willing to drive?!? Ridiculous!
I am extraordinarily lucky to go to a high-quality studio so close :)
By horse4mady
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 PM
i go to a really strict but really really great dance school not in my town that mainly focus on ballet but they do outer types of dance and it like a 15-20 min dive depends on traffic
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 PM
My "home studio" is about 15 minutes down the street. But I dance in college now, so from my house it's an hour and 45 min drive. But, since I live in the dorms it's a 1 minute walk.
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 02, 2010 09:15 AM
I've been at my studio my entire life. It's about two miles away, so I can easily drive or bike (driving takes about four minutes with traffic, biking takes fifteen at a nice leisurely pace). This year I'll also be taking class at a studio about 30 minutes away.
By sky_dancer_2010member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 PM
I am VERY lucky to have one of the better studios in the area20-30 minutes from my house depending on traffic, however, before this studio opened, I used to travel an hour and a half both ways every day..it was killer but really worth it.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch