Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Flag Choreography Needed
By Ivy
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 AM

My band director just gave me 3 pieces of music for a performance in 2 weeks and wants me to write drill, teach, and clean it...before July 2nd. This is only my 2nd year as a Guard Instructor. I hope to convince him, that if he wants me to write and teach drill, I need it sooner than 2 weeks. If anyone has choreography they are willing to share, I'd be so very thankful.

The songs are:

Get It On! - Arranged by Brian Scott
High School Never Ends - Arranged by Michael Brown
Patriotic Spectacular - Arranged by Steve Barnett

Thanks again!

3 Replies to Flag Choreography Needed

re: Flag Choreography Needed
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 07:51 PM
If you have 2 weeks to choreo & clean 3 songs, you basically need to treat this like a parade. Each song should have maybe 2 or 3 drill sets max. And maybe for the second song, you can put your kids in an arc behind the band - with no drill. The new choreography should be at most 8 counts of 8 that repeats, and I'd use it for the first and last songs. For song 2, you could recycle some old work that they already know.
By Ivy
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 08:08 AM
It actually is for a parade. We do parades in our area July - Thanksgiving. He just did not want us doing ripples or basic spins the whole way. Our field show was purchased, thank heavens, so I'm learning that to teach it and working on writing the Winter Guard show. Thanks!
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 01:55 PM
Don't let your band director bully you into writing work that's too complicated.

ReplySendWatch