Well I finally did it! I went to my first feis and my results are as follows:
(Primary)
Reel : 2nd
Light Jig: 2nd
Slip Jig: 1st
Hop Jig: 1st
Hornpipe: 3rd
Hard Jig: 2nd
Rally Reel : 4th (They merged primary, intermediate and open together)
Trophy Reel: 2nd

(Jono correct me if I have these wrong my memory is shot!!)

Well done to Lisa and Megan from O'Dwyer at their 1st Feiseanna today they both danced brilliantly. And well done Jono...thanks for making it not so scary xx

9 Replies to Results from the Gallagher O'Connor Feis in Mansfield 19th June 2010

re: Results from the Gallagher O'Connor Feis in Mansfield 19th June 2010
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 02:16 PM
heyy well done for today you were fab, i think they're all right, TBH i think it was a bit mean on the primary dancers to have to dance against the champs in treble reel, but oh well, here are my results.

light jig 2nd
reel 4th
treble jig 2nd
hornpipe 1ST!!!
trad set 3rd

these solos were in open grade, and then i did the open championships where i can 3rd which i was really happy with.
i also did the treble reel against clairie and i won it, i was soo happy cos i don't normally do it, and i nearly fell off the podium too lol.

overall it was a great feis that was so well organised that it ran an hour and a half ahead of time, i enjoyed

i just want to say well done to everyone, the standard was soo high today and everyone should feel proud

jono
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 04:53 PM
Clairey, I guess you must have gotten all those butterflies to fly in formation. Congratulations!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 04:12 AM
Jono you was amazing! I think my reel needs some amendments as do my hard shoe dances....can't believe I have placed out into intermediate!!! Yikes!
It was hard dancing against open but it just makes me want to win even more, bring on the hard work.
Oh and my little trip down the stairs has left me with a black ankle - not so great.
The feis was really well organised, instead of each age group doing all their dances, all the age groups did the reel, then all did the light jig etc. It was a brilliant idea as the older ones were there to see the little ones and vice versa. And as Jono said they ran way in front of time.
:D
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 04:50 AM
Truly fantastic! You clearly worked hard; see, being a bunch of nerves didn't stop you!

More importantly, did you have a good time and enjoy yourself?

Congrats!
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 05:45 AM
Aww yea it was brilliant...think I was making more noise than the kids cheering!! They kept running up and hugging me every time I placed too which was great, and then I had the ones who had managed to get into an arguement coming to me to sort it out! HA HA the joys of being older!
I completely fluffed my steps on the hard jig and still got 2nd, my reel step was made up, as was my rally reel!! And I slipped on my hornpipe, but still managed not to land on my backside.
I can't wait for the next one, and its my schools one O'Dwyer Academy on 4th July!

Comment #9091355 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2010-06-21 08:11:28 Double post

By VWID
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 AM
Big Congratulations to you - See you at the Hemel Open.
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:21 AM
sure will! i deffo have the bug now. Sure there will be a few more dancers at Hemel and I probs wont place as well, but I just love the atmosphere!
By VWID
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 01:05 PM
Positive Mental Attitude! At the end of the day as long as you enjoy it - it doesn't matter where you place - thats what I tell all my kids.

ReplySendWatch