Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

OC : )
By stepdancer2010
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 04:16 PM

Today I got my 2nd first at the MHoB feis! I'm really excited and nervous about moving up to OC. If anyone wants to share words of advice, I'd love to hear everything and anything :)

Side note: For all of the dancers who maybe didn't start when they were younger, don't let that stop you! I started dancing 3.5 years ago(when I was 15) and have learned that hard work and determination can get you wherever you want to go!

12 Replies to OC : )

re: OC : )
By LoRo
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 05:44 PM
Well Done!!! Hope you have a great time in opens.
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 05:53 PM
Congratulations!
By dancemomtoo
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 08:33 PM
Congrats! My dd is in same situation and looking forward to it-but her tcs are going to work her to death (and rightly so)!
By Tansey
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 08:46 PM
Congratulations! How exciting!
By jiggymommamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 19, 2010 09:35 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing everything right to make it to opens, so just continue what you are doing! :)
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 03:59 AM
Congratulations, what an amazing achievement!

I'm Beginner/Primary and agree with what the OP said about hard work and determination. I worked hard on one particular Beginner dance and hey presto!, I won it and was graded.

Keep trying your best and put all the determination and commitment into your dances, as you have clearly done. If you are struggling on something, such as point, work on that, especially before a Feis. That's what I try to do the week before a Feis; I work on my weak points.

Again, congrats!!!
By LACdancer
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 05:31 AM
CONGRATS! What an amazing achievement, and in such a short time!!
By new2champs
On Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:09 PM
CONGRATS!!! I made it into OC almost a year ago, and I just started consistently placing! I'm SOOOO excited! =)

I was ( and still am ) amazed at the talent I see in my group and I still cannot believe that I not only get to dance with them but that I belong with them.

So relax, have a good time, and just be AMAZING! =)

Oh and by the way, I was wondering what age group you're in. Maybe we're in the same group, I'm U14. What about you?
By iheartmysetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:20 PM
wow thats so great! :) have fun in OC!!!!
By irishdancingdog
On Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:36 PM
Congrats! I know how good it feels to get that last first to move up. My advice to you is to remember that when you compete in opens that you deserve and are qualified to be there- so dance like you know you should be there!
By irishcurlsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:11 AM
CONGRATS !! That's amazing !! :)
By stepdancer2010
On Sun Aug 15, 2010 04:08 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I haven't moved up yet because I'm recovering from an injury, but I'm so excited!

new2champs--I'm actually U18.

ReplySendWatch