Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Survived my Workshop
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 PM
Edited by celticfeet (107967) on 2010-06-20 12:07:54 Typo

Again....perhaps a small achievement, but this weekend I have been at a pre-Oireachtas workshop at my dance school. It was by invitation only, and didn't mean you qualified for the Oireachtas, but if it was your goal to dance at either the 2010 or 2011 O (and my dance teacher thought you were serious about it and could achieve that goal) you were invited.

Anywho, I got invited, which I was thrilled about, as I want to attend in 2011. We danced from 7-9pm on Friday (softshoe), and I sprained my ankle within the first 15 minutes. I iced it a bit, and kept on dancing the rest of the time (dumb, I know! :)). Then Saturday we danced from 1-5pm (hardshoe), and today from 10am-12:15pm (soft and hardshoe to review all the steps we learned).

I have been SO exhausted since I finished my university program, and I have only danced off-and-on this year because of school. I hadn't danced in about a month, since a competition in Montreal/Ottawa, so I was REALLY scared about the weekend.

Overall, I survived with a bummed ankle, TONS of blisters, a crazy sore (and hardly moveable) lower body, but a lot of pride in being able to do this after this crazy year. :) It also made me scared that all my injuries and exhaustion would make me have to stop dancing earlier than I want to, but I'm just taking things one day- and practice sesion- at a time. Off to physio I go....again! :)

2 Replies to Survived my Workshop

re: Survived my Workshop
By Allycat17
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 06:24 PM
Sounds like a lot of work but, it will be all worth it when you go to o's! Hope u feel better!
re: Survived my Workshop
By dancer4life77
On Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 AM
I know how you feel. My feet and ankles have caused me more problems over the years than they're worth, but I love Irish dancing too much for it to keep me down. Congrats on being invited to the workshop!! I've only been to Oireachtas twice, and at this past one I sprained my foot onstage during my second round.
Hope everything works out for you!!

ReplySendWatch