Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

I finally got down to work..
By irishgirl26member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 23, 2010 01:30 PM

I finally really worked on my hardshoe. I know this is kind of a dumb thing to post on the Achievements board, but I'm just really happy I finally did it. I do practice at home; I usually do a lot of exercises and drills, but I almost never work on hardshoe, which is my downfall.. Hardshoe has never really been that easy for me, and for some reason I avoid practicing it like the plague, but FINALLY I just did it. I practiced for about an hour (not long, but it was quality practicing), maybe less, and it felt so good. I think I really made some progress with it. My hair is sticking to my face and everything's aching, and I feel awesome.

Sorry, I just really had to share. I mean, don't you love days like this, where you feel like anything in the world is possible with some hard work? Now I think I'll be less scared to practice hardshoe at home.
Thanks for listening :)

4 Replies to I finally got down to work..

re: I finally got down to work..
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 23, 2010 01:59 PM
Good for you for buckling down and doing it. Keep it up, and you will be really pleased with how your hardshoe improves (The judges will like it too!)
By KnotworkMolltPremium member
On Wed Jun 23, 2010 03:36 PM
That is a success - we all tend to work on the things we enjoy and ignore the things which might need it more, so you've turned a corner!
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 02:32 AM
Good on you! I am so the same with my Slip Jig, I used to love it and practice heaps, now I hate it and just steer away from practicing it.

If you're committed and practice even the stuff you find difficult or dislike, you should be happy and tell everyone.
By irishdancingdog
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 09:25 AM
i am like that with my reel- i hate it and hate practicing it!!!
Congrats on finallyt buckling down and doing it- the payoff will be worth it!

ReplySendWatch