Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Blast From The Past.. Kind of.
By BootScootinBabymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 23, 2010 05:33 PM

Last summer I met this guy Matt while I was working. I saw him downtown one night and we ended up talking and dancing the whole night, and he gave me his number. We hung out a few times over the next few weeks, and texted alot. I even met most of his friends and we got along really well. After about a month, Matt completely stopped talking to me. I saw one of his friends at the bar and asked about him, and apparently he had decided to go back to his (fairly recent) ex-girlfriend that he had dated through all of high school.

Flash forward to last weekend, my best friend was at the bar and ran into Matt. He was super excited to see her, and kept asking about me and telling her to tell me to come to the bar. He told her totell me to text him, so I did a few days later. He apologized about last summer and asked me to hang out. I met up with him at his friend's party (we were both DD) and we had a really good night. He even kissed me goodnight.

Here's where I need the advice: do I pursue this? I'm scared of getting hurt again. I'm not neccisarily looking for a long-term relationship (I'm going back to school in another city in September), but I do enjoy his company, and he's the first guy I've met in a long time that isn't interested in getting me in bed.

5 Replies to Blast From The Past.. Kind of.

re: Blast From The Past.. Kind of.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 AM
^ How do you know the last sentence is true?

Assuming you didn't change your number between last summer and now, he seems to have had ample time to contact you but yet only did so when he ran into your friends...I'm not sure why but that seems quite strange to me. It was also incredibly rude of him to go awol last summer and leave you to find out from his friend, by pure coincidence.

He sounds like a bit of an ass to me.
By xBallet_babex
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 02:26 PM
Maybe I just assume the worst in people, but I agree with Louise on this one. Something feels off about this.

Did he and the ex just break up again? I think if he liked you as much as you deserve, he wouldn't have gone back to his ex and forgot about you until he ran into mutual friends. I really doubt he would have just deleted your contact info too. If they broke up recently and he's coming back to you, I would be really careful because you don't deserve to be second choice or something.
By BootScootinBabymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 03:01 PM
I did get a new number last summer when I moved to another city. I feel like he's not interested in just sleeping with me because he doesn't drunk dial me, he asks me to hang out in public situations where his friends are, and there isn't always alcohol involved.

I've run into alot of assholes over the year that were strictly interested in sleeping with me and that's all. His intentions seem genuine, but I'm playing it cool.. I just don't want to get excited about him all over again.

I'm not sure what happened with him and his ex. He mentioned that they tried to be friends this year but it didn't work out.. that's about all he had to say about it. His friends weren't altogether fond of her when her name came up in conversation either. Is it not worth it to hang out with him and risk being dumped on again??
By madseasonPremium member
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 05:18 PM
As a girl who hangs out mostly with guys and feels relatively confident that she know how they think 90% of the time, allow me to say this: most men who want to hang out with you, kiss you blablabla want to SLEEP with you. Fact. They don't want to talk about your childhood, your dog and your best friend and how much you LOVE shopping at Saks Fith. They want to poke your lady parts. just so you know.
By Sumayah
On Thu Jun 24, 2010 05:28 PM
BootScootinBaby wrote:

He even kissed me goodnight....isn't interested in getting me in bed.

Hmm. Something just doesn't add up there. Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus *two* plus one plus one, thus he wants in your pants. No matter how you phrase it or which way you say it, he kissed you and guys don't just kiss chicks they like with no intention of ever seeing boobies. He wants to get some. No he may be realizing you're not just going to strip naked and hop into bed so he's easing into it under the guise of friendship, but make no mistake he wants to get laid.

ReplySendWatch