Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Do you dance at a studio and on your school's dance team?
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 09:51 AM

I just made the dance team at my high school as a freshman, and will be taking all honors classes at school. The dance team practices for 2.5 hours four days a week, and I am planning on taking four dance classes at my studio as well (2 pre-pointe, 1 jazz, and 1 tap). Everyone is telling me that it is going to be really hard to do, and that I should drop some honors classes or not dance at the studio. But I really don't want to give anything up, as these are all things that I am passionate about. I did pretty much the same thing for the last two years at my junior high (all honors classes, dance/cheerleading team with 2 hour practices 4 days a week, and 3-4 dance classes) so I know that I am capable of doing it, but everyone is telling me that I can't.

So, are any of you dancers on both the dance team at your school and at your studio? Have any of you ever encountered this sort of feedback? What sort time management strategies do you employ?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

2 Replies to Do you dance at a studio and on your school's dance team?

re: Do you dance at a studio and on your school's dance team?
By balletgirl125member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 01:25 PM
I encourage you to try it! I take 4 studio classes a week, plus studio dance team practice. At school I'm on the dance team, I take an additional ballet class at school, and I'm taking 3 AP classes. I have almost all A's. It's most definitely possible, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Good time management is the key. Good luck!
re: Do you dance at a studio and on your school's dance team?
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 27, 2010 05:59 PM
Thanks, balletgirl125, for assuring me that it is possible to have everything that I want for myself in these next few years. :)

ReplySendWatch